Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152527282930 LastLast

Thread: Catherine

1. This was my personal GOTY for reasons that nobody else will agree with, and that's okay. I already touched on everything I loved about it earlier in the thread. The discriminator is that it really stuck with me long after I finished playing in ways that other games did not.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    When doesn't gameplay detract from narrative and vice versa, though?
    Usually a game's story is some nonsense boilerplate so it really doesn't matter. I never thought the story takes away from, say, Halo or whatever because it simply doesn't matter there.

But this game is different. After playing the puzzle segments I feel like I am being taken away from it to see the story. After going through the story I feel like I am being taken away from it to play the puzzle mode. Both are really good on their own and they don't seem to add to each other. Still it's a great game.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Usually a game's story is some nonsense boilerplate so it really doesn't matter. I never thought the story takes away from, say, Halo or whatever because it simply doesn't matter there.

But this game is different. After playing the puzzle segments I feel like I am being taken away from it to see the story. After going through the story I feel like I am being taken away from it to play the puzzle mode. Both are really good on their own and they don't seem to add to each other. Still it's a great game.
    This is dead on. It is a very good game, but there might have been better formats for a cube-pushing game and better mediums to tell the story.

4. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    When doesn't gameplay detract from narrative and vice versa, though?
    So is there some way for me to get this game and not play the puzzles? It seems interesting, but, not enough to play puzzles.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

5. Youtube?

6. That sounds pretty rad, I hope someone sets something up where I can choose my own adventure sort of thing.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

7. Heavy Rain
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    That sounds pretty rad, I hope someone sets something up where I can choose my own adventure sort of thing.
    It's not even necessary, the story is linear and only some of the voiceover/inner monologue changes based on your choice, as well as the ending (there are 8 endings).

9. Fuck you all, the puzzles were so good, and acted as a strangely interesting story device.

10. These puzzles are straight fucking bullshit and I wish they didn't exist in this otherwise pretty cool Persona lite.

I just wanna drink beer with my bros and talk to granny twins, is that asking too much?