Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most important film we may see this decade: I'm Still Here (official)

1. Film The most important film we may see this decade: I'm Still Here (official)

I got goosebumps!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. holy fuck at first I thought that that was Galifinakis.

3. I really really really hope this is a work, and if it is, I hope he comes out and says as much, so nobody will believe him.

4. This is streaming on Netflix, now. I suggest watching it. Even if it is a joke, Joaquin Rafael Phoenix killed his career.

5. I was talking about it in the just watched thread. I liked it a lot.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Oh okay, I remember that schtick. I haven't watched the movie because it was discovered he was bullshitting by a few people and it ruined the experience for me.
    This was the only downfall. Kauffman got away with it because he started out doing it as a nobody, so no one knew he was sane. People knew Phoenix was normal after he was famous, so this goes so far no one believes it.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    It's still a very confrontational film. More a piece if performance art than a movie.

Whether or not he was bullshitting doesn't even matter. The fact is that he /did/ drop out of movies and fucked up things for people by doing this project.
    Like I said it may have ruined his career. His conservative Johnny Cash fan base sure as Hell won't like this.

But his punk rock Johnny Cash fan base will.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. I don't see this ruining his career. He was absolutely huge before this happene. Dipping out on a couple of projects and trolling everyone isn't going to ruin his career. People still fell over themselves to work with Brando later on, and Dennis Hopper never had much trouble either. And Polanski?
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

8. He'd be ruining his career if people weren't talking about it. People are talking about it. This is "media creature-ing".
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Implying that whoever the fuck this is is in the same league as Brando.

It's River Phoenix's brother!! Come on.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery