Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

1. It seems like lava only misbehaves when it's not in your benefit. For example: when you remove the source you should lose all lava past it, but sometimes it stays, however when I tried to use that trick to fill a bunch of 3x3 glass open spaces many would slowly fade away after removing the source but others would stay three blocks tall FOREVER.

In the end what I did was make a 3x3 glass floor surrounded by a 5x5 glass wall and from the six story the lava starts falling through a whole in that glass ceiling to the floor below. Now the floors in my castle move on block back in each direction each floor, so it has the appearance of going into the mountain, that means if the lava pits are centered for each floor that the corner of the one from the above floor is the center of the one below it, which is good because only by the lava falling from a different spot that it lands in could I end up with this, one the bottom five floors so far:

The six floor is going to take a while to make because it's going to have the full glass ceiling filled with lave. From outside you can see how it's structurally different: notice the the entire wall of glass:

When it's all done the lava should glow out through that at night. Also that floor is STUPID long, stretching into the mountain so far that it comes out the other side where you see the water fall. My goal is to build the next five stories of normal floor on that side of the mountain and make them accessable via a 7 story ladder that goes up from inside the water falls and comes out on an all glass balcony that will go around said water fall.

Ambitious.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lava fall.jpg 
Views:	628 
Size:	373.9 KB 
ID:	57914   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outside.jpg 
Views:	628 
Size:	555.3 KB 
ID:	57915  

2. My girlfriend is doing the same thing with hollowing out a mountain, she's completely taken over Minecraft - as she tends to do with every game. Here's some pictures of hers:

Outside the Courtyard:

Nerdy sign on the door:

Inside the courtyard (still a work in progress):

Her work area, complete with awesome painting:

EDIT: No clue why the fucking pictures are so small. The sign above the door says 'Speak Friend and Enter'
    Last edited by dave is ok; 11 Sep 2010 at 03:46 PM.

3. Jesus god this shit is WORLDS above what I've done. I just kinda made a bunch of bridges with gatehouses around my little manmade island.

4. How do you make those pictures?

I'm almost done filling up my ceiling with lava. Stupid nuts pictures incoming. EDIT: Here they are, the first is the long view down the 7th floor of my tower, it is the longest and it's also pretty fucking rad. To the right is an opening in the wall that goes straight into a 8 story tall water fall. I'm still trying to figure out how best to use that, for now it's just open so I don't lose it.

This next shot is from the top of the lava ceiling. I worked it most of the way into the mountain but decided it fit the theme best if I closed the mountain down around it. So I'm left with maybe a third of the top exposed, but it makes a wicked balcony.

Name:	blacony 1.jpg 
Views:	594 
Size:	595.9 KB 
ID:	57920   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jesus christ.jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	460.9 KB 
ID:	57919  
    Last edited by Opaque; 11 Sep 2010 at 08:40 PM.

5. Here's a quick tour of my world:

Click for full size

First image is my wood farm, from the view of a balcony on my penis tower. The two are connected via an underground/underwater tunnel. A 2nd tunnel leads to the top of the mountain behind it, its exit is pic 2. The top of the mountain is connected to another mountian top via bridges, with a giant pillar connecting them (3). This pillar is full of storage. At the top of the 2nd mountain is another building which has the start of an epic mine in it (my main mine is in the basement of the penis tower). From there there's another bridge and storage pillar, leading to a work in progress water slide.

Name:	mine.jpg 
Views:	626 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	57921  

6. I died yesterday and my spawn is NOWHERE near where I built my fortress. It took my like two hours of wandering to find it again, but in the meantime I found my first mine I ever dug to the bottom of the map and I took a shit ton of lost supplies. I also made sure to mine any coal I saw while heading back, I ended up with over 200 coal when I finally found my fortress.

I think I'm going to work my way to the top of all the nearby mountain and make large bonfires to help make finding this place if I need to again possible.

7. Next building project recommendation- road from spawn point to fortress. Maybe even snazzing up the spawn point with a pedestal, torches, and other goodies to make every resurrection an epic event, like the world's god has returned at last.

James

8. I fell off a cliff while building the bonfires. It takes so fucking long to find my way back.

EDIT: I roughly found my way back after wandering forever by going in a set direction from my first mine the third time I stumbled upon it, so now I'm working my way backwards with torches to light the way. It looks sloppy, does anyone have any good set ups for roadways and long distance paths they could recommend?
    Last edited by Opaque; 12 Sep 2010 at 03:53 PM.

9. You can use one of those third party mapping programs to change your spawn point if you really want. I'd tell you which one to try if I knew!