Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 7686888990

Thread: Minecraft

1. Well, shit.

Lily was already asking for Minecraft Wii U.

2. what a difference this could have made 4 years ago...

3. Anyone still play this? Is there a TNL server up? I went to my uncle's house yesterday and him and his son were playing minecraft so they showed me all the stuff they built. He showed me this hobbit house he made and said he downloaded the exact replica map online, printed it out and made the whole thing to spec, I was like omfg you're such a dork LOL

But yeah, now I want to play because you can breed cats and shit and I never played after they added all that stuff.

4. Bah! The Super Duper Graphics Pack was canceled because "we aren’t happy with how the pack performed across devices." I've got no idea if that means mobile didn't match a good PC, but that's what it sounds like. I can't imagine a halfway decent PC would have had a problem with what Mojang was planning.

5. The aquisition of Mojang was $2.5 billion and they can't figure out how to make a graphics pack.

That's incredible.

6. Also in 2010 I was like "Notch has already made $7.5 million on this game no one should be shaming people who pirate it for hurting his pocket book".

If only we knew then that he would be worth $1.6 BILLION less than a decade later, even Dave wouldn't be like "he had to hire people and make a business".

7. It's 2020 and Minecraft is still a thing. Also, the new RTX beta is really incredibly pretty, but seeing as it's every bit as beta as advertised the new effects are only in the pre-built worlds with no way to roll your own yet. It's fun to poke around in, but I've been waiting for a good long while to dive back in to Minecraft and it looks like it will be a while longer yet.

8. Digital Foundry has a video where they use a level the one guy made himself.
    The pinhole camera was pretty impressive.

9. For reasons unknown the beta is fully playable in classic mode, but only if you download texture packs and dump them in the right directory. Simple, but not included in the base download. Nvidia has the links, though. Or at least had the links. I just looked at the article I'd used a d it seems to be missing the section explaining how to install. Texture packs are still there, though-

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...-your-textures