Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Video Card Dead?

Reseat your RAM. I've had that exact same issue a couple of times in the last few months. If it does turn out to be your GPU, I am about to upgrade my BFG 8800GT, so if you want another one...

2. I fucking loved that bfg8800gt. I was going to just grab something like a gts250 or 9800gt (I've been researching and they seem to be sidegrades, which is all I need right now), but I guess i'll go home and fiddle with it first.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Reseat your RAM. I've had that exact same issue a couple of times in the last few months. If it does turn out to be your GPU, I am about to upgrade my BFG 8800GT, so if you want another one...
    This worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    So that's what I get if I don't have my win7 install disc in the drive.

It looks like my system always wants to boot from the disc, I've seen editbcd and have no idea what to do with it. Help me not have to have this fucking disk in the drive every time I reboot.

kthx!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Did you change the bios boot order to default to CD and not have the HDD as #2 and then forget to change it back?
    Went in the bios, looked at the HDD boot order after selecting it to be 1st. My correct drive was 3rd on the list.

Fixed that issue.
    Since August is the official month of my computer fucking me, I woke up to find my monitors blank while my computer was running. I turned off my rig and turned it back on, no activity. I didn't have time to do some legit troubleshooting but I'm assuming that the gpu is dead (It's an older card)... so that brings me to, find me something comparable to my BFG 8800gtoc. I loved this card
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    This worked.
    I'm fucking awesome.

5. I gave you rep, read it.

I refuse to acknowledge your sexual advances.

7. And yet, you have.

8. So yeah, how fucked is it now?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	broke.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	196.4 KB 
ID:	59405  

9. I had a similar problem and after A FUCKING YEAR of google work and so forth I found out that my problem was caused by micro fractures in solder.

Yours could be that, but at the very least it is in fact hardware problems.

10. It's probably that, but sometimes video cards get weird if they aren't getting enough power. Does the video card have its own power connector?