Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Satoshi Kon dead at 47

1. Frown Satoshi Kon dead at 47

http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Dir...sses_away.html

Director of Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers, Paprika, and Paranoia Agent.

I loved everything this man did and was anticipating seeing many, many more projects from him down the line. INFINITE FROWNY FACES.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 24 Aug 2010 at 03:35 PM.

2. Massive bummer, man now anime sucks even more.

3. 47? Jeepers. His movies weren't really for me, but they were all visually amazing.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 24 Aug 2010 at 03:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

In before "excuse me who are you"

5. I didn't know who it was before I clicked the link. I like Paprika.

6. It's really too bad, 47 is really young. He had plenty of life left for living (and movies for making).

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    Massive bummer, man now anime sucks even more.
    Don't be silly, how is that even possible?

8. Satoshi Kon is what anime needed, and now he's gone. This sucks hugely and now I'm depressed.

Dammit.

James

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I didn't know who it was before I clicked the link. I like Paprika.
    As great as it is, Paprika is my least favorite of Kon's work...aside from the opening credits, which are unforgettably awesome.

He's not just my favorite anime director, he's one of my favorite film directors, period. Check out the rest of his library, which will now be forever, and sadly, limited.

I can't pick a favorite because they're all so different. Each is memorable for a separate reason. Paranoia Agent was a 13-episode TV show btw.

Kon also had a large hand in the "Magnetic Rose" episode of the Memories short-film compilation.

The industry just lost an artistic genius, guys. Kon's work wasn't for everyone, but it was always unique, and always unmistakably his. Last I heard, his next film, The Dream Machine (I think that's the title), was supposed to be released this year.

This is a tragic, tragic loss.
    edit: commemorated in sig.
    Last edited by BioMechanic; 24 Aug 2010 at 06:50 PM.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

10. I like Perfect Blue, love Paranoia Agent, and am looking forward to seeing Paprika. Sad to hear that he passed.