Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How is rap still a genre?

Rap has degenerated so much that its almost not considered rap anymore, just a form of pop music with monotone singing. Thats where its at right now. Rap-rock is kind of annoying as none of the lead singers doing it are actual M.C.'s. Besides Zach De La Rocha who is M.C. to the fullest, everyone else is just "rapping". I dont consider it a stand alone genre anymore. For me, its gone from, do you rap, to are you a M.C.

2. How is rape still a genre?

It is my favourite genre.

4. every release is guaranteed to make an impression upon the audience.

5. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    Rap has degenerated so much that its almost not considered rap anymore, just a form of pop music with monotone singing.
    I never pegged you as one to say some shit like this. There's TONS of M.C's that are still legit as fuck. Talib and Hi-Tek have a new album out, the first few tracks of Lupe's new album are hard as fuck, Eminem just made a fuckin' monster comeback, Nas and Damian Marley just did a joint record that's fuckin' bangin'.

I would say that the shit that gets played on the radio is complicated. I mean they're still rappin' but i just consider it all pop music. It's just all shit made especially so you can dance to it in a club. Falls under the same catergory imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.