Page 1 of 162 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

1. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

I've been mucking around in the beta for about two weeks now. But first, details on the Cataclysm CE:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/catac...collector.html

CATACLYSM EXCLUSIVE BEHIND-THE-SCENES DVD:

• Over an hour of developer interviews and commentaries, discussing the game's development from early design through finished gameplay.
    • The Cataclysm intro cinematic and major content patch trailers complete with Director's Commentary.
    • A special Warcraft retrospective examining the rich gaming history of the Warcraft universe.

COLLECTOR'S EDITION SOUNDTRACK:

• Seventeen epic tracks from Cataclysm.

THE ART OF CATACLYSM:

• 176 pages of art, featuring never-before-seen images from the archives of the Blizzard Film Department and the World of Warcraft development team.
    • Progressive visuals from every stage of development - from early concepts through to finished, detailed art.

WORLD OF WARCRAFT®: CATACLYSM™ PC/MAC GAME:

• The full World of Warcraft expansion set on DVD-ROM.

WORLD OF WARCRAFT TRADING CARD GAME STARTER PACKS AND EXCLUSIVE CARDS:

• One 60-card deck from the new Wrathgate series featuring two extended art cards and visuals from several of fantasy's top creators.
    • Two exclusive hero cards, marking the first appearance of goblin and worgen heroes in the WOW:TCG.
    • One full-sized rule book to teach you how to play.

EXCLUSIVE IN-GAME PET:

• He may not be a breaker of worlds... at least not yet... but Lil' Deathwing will still aid you in your titanic struggle to save Azeroth from his much, much larger counterpart.

CATACLYSM MOUSEPAD:

• A special-edition mouse pad depicting Deathwing menacing the ravaged continents of Azeroth.
    Pretty much the same kinda stuff that was in the WotLK and BC Collector's Editions. It's up for preorder now.

Vashj'ir and Hyjal are some pretty awesome shit, I'm far more impressed with the underwater zone than I thought I would be. Class changes are across the board, once again essentially turning WoW into a brand new game, at least in terms of character management. Hunters got the biggest face-lift so far, changing mana to focus and completely changing the Beastmaster tree.

For any of those interested, ask me anything you like about the beta and I'll do my best to answer it for you.

2. Ew gross you made this thread.

I'll come back to level and do the 5 mans and whatnot, but I don't think I will be raiding on a schedule ever again.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Good man. I still wanna try the 10 man stuff I think. It can't be THAT horrible, can it?

5. How many of the core group have Kingslayer?

Exactly.

6. I'm with Mzo + maybe running a 10-man if we feel like it. Definitely switching my main to Rambown too.

7. I just want to do RF 10 mans when we feel like it essentially.

8. The good thing is that raiding is more flexible now, as a raid leader can split a 25-man lock into 1 or 2 10 mans at any point, and 10 mans have the same ilvl loot as the 25. There are also more raids with fewer bosses and less time requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    Good man. I still wanna try the 10 man stuff I think. It can't be THAT horrible, can it?
    It's not bad, Ed, but the problem is that even 10 people ended up being unreliable. We'd always be waiting on one more or the guy who didn't show up or had a weird schedule, lag, connection issues, whatever. By the end I was sick of it.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. I think a lot of the reason even ten man raids had trouble getting off of the ground was because they were pointless by nature. None of the items were upgrades after the first couple weeks, when everyone got whatever the one or two things they wanted. Cata should fix that - but yeah, fuck raiding

We're all going to raid again at some point and I'm not even going to front hard enough to deny that