Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Gaming Classic - March 24-25

1. Midwest Gaming Classic - March 24-25

2009 Midwest Gaming Classic

Saturday March 21st & Sunday the 22nd.
    In Oconomowoc, WI which is about 25 miles west of Milwaukee.

Anyone else going? I'll be there both days with Dump Truck & a few friends. We just booked our room and pre-ordered our passes.

Dump Truck will be destroying the competition in the Tetris tourney.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

2. Wow, had no idea this was in Oconomowoc. This is about 20 miles west of where I work. It must be cheap as hell, otherwise I cannot imagine why they would have this in the middle of no where (which Oconomowoc pretty much is). I might show up on of the days, depending what I have going on.

fyi - it is pronounced Oh-Con-Ah-Mo-Wok

3. Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    Dump Truck will be destroying the competition in the Tetris tourney.
    truth!
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That isn't a robot. That's the world's largest 8 year old.

4. That's not terribly far from me. What else is going on at this event. And would it be worth traveling 2 1/2 hrs. Why in the fuck did they not choose Milwaukee or Madison, instead they cram the fucker almost smack dab in the middle.
    Finished Games of '09
    nothing at this time

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mr_B View Post
    That's not terribly far from me. What else is going on at this event. And would it be worth traveling 2 1/2 hrs. Why in the fuck did they not choose Milwaukee or Madison, instead they cram the fucker almost smack dab in the middle.
    The website is in Timber's first post. I checked it out (because I'm in Chicago which isn't terribly far), and there truthfully doesn't seem to be a whole hell of a lot going on there. Looks like there is a videogame museum which is probably cool.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

6. I checked out the site before I posted. It didn't explain much. And I took it as though Timber has been to this event before. If more forum peeps go, I'll make the trip.
    Finished Games of '09
    nothing at this time

7. I hope it's better than Philly Classic was this year

8. We've never been to it before, I almost went last year but something happened and we had to bail on it.

It's an 8 hour drive for us, it's really just an excuses for a road trip.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

9. i <3 our road trips

also, Im very excited about this Tetris competition
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That isn't a robot. That's the world's largest 8 year old.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Seik View Post
    and there truthfully doesn't seem to be a whole hell of a lot going on there. Looks like there is a videogame museum which is probably cool.
    If you got booze and friends there's a ton of great shit goin' on during that. Like 100 pinball tables on freeplay, many of the classic essential arcade games on freeplay, and that museum is pretty much complete with every console ever made and most of it is playable. There's this city I think is called Watertown, a few miles away that has some great bars if you need a break from the constant freeplay. And then for the people who wanna chillax there's some speakers with history channel like presentations you can hang out and watch. And then if there's any old or import shit you wanted to pick up and don't wanna fuck with ebay 'n all that, the vendors can get ya pretty much whatever you need.

You can make some serious cash at the tournaments to wipe out all the travel costs. At least that's how it worked out for me last year.

I'd say just go, dude. It's a pretty slick setup.