Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets talk about Pitch Black

1. Good points Bio

I still like Vin performance, even with the way he acted

I didnt like Twohy's first film, The Arival,(thought it was boring, even though it did have some interesting ideas about alien invasion, and Charlie Sheen was pretty bad in it), but PB was much better.

I also like Jeepers Creepers, Maybe I will make a thread about it as well

2. I like Pitch Black, but Arrival was way better... now, if we were talking about the sequel...

3. Jeepers Creepers? JEEPERS CREEPERS? I'm beginning to wonder if I saw the same movie everyone else saw. I first heard about it in Fangoria and they were saying how great the movie was so soon after I went to see it. By the end of the movie I was cheering on the monster hoping he would kill the amazingly annoying brother and sister duo. God damn those two idiots were annoying as hell. Too many things in the movie were really dumb. Ooo an insane driver with a really fucked up looking truck was chasing us like he wanted to kill us. What's this? I see he dumped what looks like a body wrapped in a white sheet down a huge hole in the ground and then left. Lets go look in the hole! OK...lets not call the police or do anything smart. And lets not just look in the hole but hold me by the ankles so I can see farther down the hole. Oh no...I fell in. It had it's moments...like when it was over. That's about it. I really hated this movie if you can't tell. Am I the only one who hates this movie because I have heard a shitload of people tell me how great it is?

Later all...

4. If it makes you feel any better, JC's looked so gay to me, I didn't even bother watching it...

5. I remember seeing Pitch Black numerous times on the campus movie channel. I liked it enough to watch it numerous times when it was shown, but not enough to buy it on DVD. Cool movie, and the night vision effect was nice. Jeepers Creepers made my ass movie alarm go off the scale so I avoided it like the plague.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

6. The first half hour or so of Jeepers Creepers had me convinced it was one of the best horror films I was going to see in a while...

But it seemed like with every minute that elapsed after that made me less and less convinced... right up until the crummy WTF??? non-ending.

DacaZ
    Look out, man, Wooly's gone ape-shit.

7. Whoa guys, I did not mean to imply for a second that Jeepers Creepers was in any way as good as Pitch Black.

You have to suspend reality when watching a film like Jeepers Creepers. The ending was a little off (the alternate ending on the DVD is better), but despite falling prey to typical horror film cliches, it was at least interesting.

I got the idea you were SUPPOSED to cheer for the Creeper - he was the real star of the film. And he WAS a rather inventive monster.

Take my statement as a sign of how shoddy the horror genre has become.
    To me, Jeepers Creepers is way better than all of the H20, Jason X, Scream 3-ish nonsense that passes for horror these days. How many GOOD horror films have been released over the last few years? (DO NOT call The Sixth Sense a horror film, please)

That's my point.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

8. I'll agree that the horror genre has gotten really weak. When made for tv horror shows/movies are better than theatrically realeased horror movies that is sad. About the only interesting/good horror movies that have come out in the past few years have been from other countries (mainly japan). It's a sad fact that the horror genre is dying a slow death in the US. The only US horror movie I was looking foreward to was House of 1000 Corpses. Then it got caught up in all that shit and was DOA. Then a while ago I found out that a company was actually realasing it. Thank god. I still don't know if it'll be good or not though. Either way whoever is releasing it is probably cutting the movie to shit. Oh well...I'll probably see it whenever it's released. And just as a side note the Freddy vs Jason movie that has been long talked about is finally being made. Great. Another shitty horror movie to mst3k. I like to mst3k movies but I like watching a good movie just a bit more.

Later all...

9. Well, I did like Jeepers Creepers, when I saw it last summer. I though it was creepy(my wife got scared and left the theater to comeback later, when it was done ), it had an interesting villian and cool make up fx. Sure both leads werent the brightest , but they did get a job done, and I thought the ending was at least different from your usual mold(with villian dead, and leads happy and safe).

I havent seen the alternative ending, that you mentioned, so I might rent dvd sometime to check it out. Even though it wasnt a best horror film, it still 100% better than that Scream like crap, that being released in theaters and on video in the last 6 years.

10. I agree that there is a new wave of great horror films, and it comes from Asia. Japan, Korea and now even HK, have been producing some great horror films in the last few years:

Audition, Ring series, Kairo, Uzumaki, Inner Senses, The Eye, and many other ones, are much better than anything released here in US.