Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1929313233343537 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 6

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I feel RE6 is getting railroaded here

I'll eat my hat if it isn't better than 50% of "mainstream" games
    Welcome to the correct minority.

2. I finished Leon's campaign last night (in co-op on Professional), and this is a good game. Absolutely. It's way janky by Capcom's in-house standards (animations look bad, there's a good amount of character teleporting, camera can take getting used to), but the unique movement and melee options make the act of killing zombies pretty damn fun. There's a good amount of variety in Leon's campaign alone (enemy types and behaviors, special objectives, environmental variety), more than in many highly-regarded third-person shooters, and the QTE stuff can actually be kind of cool when you have one player performing some vital task and the other fighting off enemies.

I'm very excited to keep playing tonight.
    Last edited by Tain; 03 Oct 2012 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.
    Thanks, I needed a new sig.

4. Even better than the Half Life 2 playground area:

5. I have no idea how this game could be getting such bad reviews. I just finished Leon's campaign, and that alone was pretty amazing. 2 more campaigns to go, and then there is the unlocked Ada campaign. A lot of gameplay here, and it ain't bad. I'd put this personally above 4 and 5 (so 6>4>5) REmake and 2 are still my favorites, but it could be tough going back to the controls.

This, along with Bulletstorm, are my best impulse purchases yet. Though it probably helps when you have no expectations and haven't been following the development at all.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    I have no idea how this game could be getting such bad reviews. I just finished Leon's campaign, and that alone was pretty amazing. 2 more campaigns to go, and then there is the unlocked Ada campaign. A lot of gameplay here, and it ain't bad. I'd put this personally above 4 and 5 (so 6>4>5) REmake and 2 are still my favorites, but it could be tough going back to the controls.

This, along with Bulletstorm, are my best impulse purchases yet. Though it probably helps when you have no expectations and haven't been following the development at all.

This exactly.

7. Problem is everything I've read has said that Leon's game is by far the best and it's the other two that are complete shit. So all of you saying the game is good but having just played the Leon part are not selling the game to me
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. There's actually four campaigns, not three. According to Eurogamer (who gave it a 6/10) Leon and Ada's are both good.

9. So half the game is alright but the other half is complete shit. Yep still not touching it till I can get it for under $10
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. I've heard more saying that Chris is better than Leon, but I'll find out soon enough.