Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 6

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    That's weird, since 3 feels like a real sequel and CV was a giant leap backwards after it.

I think 1 is great, 2 is way too easy but cool, and 3 is rad. CV I had fond memories of, but I just watched John play through it and it seems soooo wacky. Kind of a pile!
    1 will always be my favorite (just like MGS1 will always be my favorite in that series. Both of those 1st games seemed the most rooted story wise). Two was more of the same. Three seemed like an add-on pack. Code Veronica is the only one I have only played once and that was when it launched. I remember it having the most disjointed and out-there story of all of them, until RE0 came along. There really was no need for that game. RE4 I plowed through without a care for what was going on. I was on auto pilot. I really liked 5 but hated the forced co-op since I've come to get used to the on your own mechanic the series (and even genre) is known for.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    CV I had fond memories of, but I just watched John play through it and it seems soooo wacky.
    That's why I liked it so much!

I liked 2, but 3 got way too action-oriented for me, what with the dodge move and making ammo for heavy weapons and fleeing/fighting Nemesis. CV went back to the slower-paced formula of the first game and added that totally kooky and creepy story.

I didn't mind CV's character-switching either. When it happened, you were basically back to square one; again, recalling the "survival horror" aspect of the first game. That's the thing I liked most about the series before it went run-&-gun: you never had enough ammunition, and you never knew what you were going to find. That uneasiness vanishes when you've got a machine gun with 200 rounds of ammo.

I thought Zero's dual-character and inventory systems were a complete mess, and it didn't really feature anything memorable. As I remember, too, it came out only a year after the Cube remake. It seemed like a step backwards after the remake blew everyone away. If Zero had come out first, I think it would be better remembered.

I wish RE6 would merge the camera-perspective of RE4 with the atmosphere and pacing of the remake, in a completely new setting....like a modern abandoned suburb that's been devastated by the virus, and you have to creep alone from building to building (homes, stores, offices, etc), slowly putting together what happened while scavenging for equipment.....the child of Silent Hill 1, RE1, and Fallout 3, with amazing modern visuals. The return of survival horror. Now that would excite me.
    Last edited by BioMechanic; 06 Sep 2010 at 11:10 AM.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

3. RE5 is like Capcom's 2nd best selling game ever (IE not a failure) - and after the weak sales of their games this year - they are going to have to jump back on the RE train. Im convinced the people who dont like RE5 didnt play it in co-op. Its been said, but who plays games like Gears solo? RE5 is the same thing. You dont play it alone unless youre stupid. "But I hate forced co-op games". Then dont play it. Simple as that. You have 30 years of single player games to choose from (and 5+ single player RE games). Bout time co-op only games started being made.

I remember back in the day after Code Veronica everyone was saying "I wish RE would just die already - its just the same old shit". So they mix it up for RE4 and 5 and now everyone wants the old REs back. I think the best case scenario would be a mixture of both styles.

For RE6 Im hoping they keep the co-op, make the game a lot longer, and add more quiet moment puzzle/exploration sections. The entire game doesnt have to be non stop braindead action. Maybe some sections where you arent armed to the teeth and are really starved for items. Bring back the zombies and horror.
    Last edited by Destro777; 06 Sep 2010 at 12:49 PM.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

4. But Code Veronica was awesome and most people loved it. I think Resident Evil 3 was the one people really hated on. I didn't even play it.

I had fond memories of Code Veronica from playing it on the Dreamcast. I told my friend John to play it because he never had before and he loves RE as much as I do.

I watched him play through the game, and we were both like "what is this shit?" more than half the time. I really don't want to but I can take a look at the game again and do a bullet point list of exactly what was wrong with it, but it's really a lot like the 20th clone of Michael Keaton. There is so much that's just off about it.

I'm not sure why people either didn't like or didn't play RE3. It's easily my favorite of the regular RE games. The dodge/push system is awesome, I like mixing ammo, I like killing Nemesis in different ways every time he shows up. I don't like playing Carlos, but it wouldn't be RE if you didn't have to play as a 2nd character you didn't like. RE3 feels like an awesome sequel to RE2.
    Last edited by Mzo; 06 Sep 2010 at 02:01 PM.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

I pulled an all nighter to play through RE5 in one sitting with one of my best friends on a huge tv and we had a fucking blast. Tried playing the rush modes a little bit afterwards, never got into it, never played the game again. It wasn't really a great experience or a great game but it was a phenomenal night of co-op gaming and I would pay 50-60 bucks to have another one.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. Looking back, I would have to say that RE1 and RE 4 on the Gamecube were the most fun.

I played the demo for RE 5 and it was shit.

Code Veronica was pretty mediocre and not very memorable.

RE 2 was overrated.

RE 3 I never played.

I like the others more than it appears you do, but your overall message is spot on. The best RE games are REmake on GC and 4 on Wii. That reminds me that I still need to track down 4 on PC. Theoretically, the mods would make it the best version. 5 remains a huge disappointment and the poster child for how forced co-op can destroy a game.

10. RE sucks dick after 4 and 2.