Page 1 of 44 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil 6

Quote Originally Posted by 1UP
    Recently Capcom made clear their intentions to significantly reduce the time between releases in their major franchises, and it looks like they're following through. Speaking to Spanish website 3DJuegos (via NeoGAF), Keiji Inafune, global head of production at Capcom, said they intend to put Resident Evil 6 on the fast-track to retail shelves.
    "Given the great success which led to us Resident Evil 5, we want Resident Evil 6 to hit the market as soon as possible," Inafune said. "In fact, Capcom will have news about this soon..." If that's in fact the case, it seems likely we may hear something at Tokyo Game Show, which kicks off on September 16. It's a venue big enough to seem appropriate for the first Resident Evil 6 announcement, and there's really no other big gaming event taking place any time soon after that.

We already know at least one thing about Resident Evil 6, which is that Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi won't return to spearhead the title. But otherwise, for now we'll look ahead toward TGS and hope we do indeed get some news on the game.
    Link

This series has clearly jumped the shark and now is running the risk of being run into the ground. Maybe a formal announcement of 6 will finally motivate me to finish 5...

2. Leon or GTFO

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Link

This series has clearly jumped the shark and now is running the risk of being run into the ground. Maybe a formal announcement of 6 will finally motivate me to finish 5...
    It's a bit early to talk of sharks being jumped.

I really do hope it's something new, but I'm not expecting the gameplay to veer much from the RE4 mold. Just, no co-op this time please!

Amen to that last sentiment.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark View Post
    It's a bit early to talk of sharks being jumped.
    Wait what? Did you play 5? It's no longer survival horror, it's action jackson!

6. Come on Yoshi, this is capitalism! You're supposed to cheerlead this stuff. Somewhere, Reagan's ghost is crying a single crystal tear because you're badmouthing annualized Resident Evil.

The big boys have to keep up with the EA/Activision model now. Squeeze as much $$$ as possible out of a successful franchise, then use the money to buy up studios that have produced hits elsewhere so that once you've run one franchise into the ground and your talented developers are burned out and have jumped ship, you've got another one ready to go.

21st century AAA game development!

*Debates starting Yakuza 4 thread*
    -Kyo

7. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Wait what? Did you play 5? It's no longer survival horror, it's action jackson!
    So was RE4 and that was like the best game ever.

RE5 had really bad level progression, shit boss fights, and was way too preoccupied with tying up the series' awful story by making it even more ludicrous.

8. I don't see why it can't be survival horror and co-op.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

9. I don't know, I had more fun with 4 and 5 than any of the earlier titles. I think the general consensus is that it goes no further in 5's direction, but I think they can be allowed that experiment and still make something in the vein of 4 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I don't see why it can't be survival horror and co-op.
    RE5 co-op absolutely ruined the single player. It's not the horror versus action. It's that single player can't be compromised.