Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1828303132333436 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 6

The problem with dumb review scores is that you can look at other games on the site where that person works, for the same game system (which the reviewer should be aware of), and have numerical data that some other ridiculous game is better than RE6 when that is probably not true.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. I agree it's dumb when it seems so random like this. Like if a site posted an announcement and was like, "Okay, we're redoing how we score games and it's going to be on this scale and across the board for all of our reviewers," then okay. But all of a sudden most reviewers think this game is worse than Bullet Witch? Get outta here.

3. I played for maybe 3 hours in Leon's game. Turns out I'm really liking it! Playing solo also. If you play solo make sure you turn off the online stuff so you can pause it. Normal mode is actually challenging. I'm tempted to turn on the unlimited ammo. Seriously. So far Leon's game reminds me of RE2 with more action. Game looks really nice at times. The shadows in the subway part were pretty sweet. The skill system seems interesting. I only bought a few things to help me out so far. It appears all points earned carry over all characters. Nice. So far I'm glad I picked it up.
    Last edited by EvilMog; 02 Oct 2012 at 10:21 PM.

4. So is this the game that's finally going to sink Capcom for good? I know they had a shitload of money and resources tied into RE6.

5. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    I played for maybe 3 hours in Leon's game. Turns out I'm really liking it! Playing solo also. If you play solo make sure you turn off the online stuff so you can pause it. Normal mode is actually challenging. I'm tempted to turn on the unlimited ammo. Seriously. So far Leon's game reminds me of RE2 with more action. Game looks really nice at times. The shadows in the subway part were pretty sweet. I haven't read much about the game but it's seems rather too. The skill system seems interesting. I only bought I few things to help me out so far. It appears all points earned carry over all characters. Nice. So far I'm glad I picked it up.
    The more I play, the more I am really liking this game. Came as a complete surprise to me, as I was not following this game at all, nor was I even expecting to pick it up today. I think the problem with the demo is that it only gives you such a small taste, and that taste isn't even a tiny portion. Once you get to where you can start equipping bonuses, you start to see all the things you can do. I also love the new melee system. It is new right? I don't remember being able to kick and attempt to pull off instant kill moves in 5 unless the enemy was stunned. And normal is pretty tough. I've died plenty of times in crazy situations.

Leon's campaign so far has been pretty riveting. You have old school zombies, but also a plethora of upgrades. There are puzzles, and so far while not extremely difficult, they tend to lead to some intense moments. I'll say it again, the AI isn't that bad. Not amazing, but it really doesn't seem like baby sitting. Can't speak for the other campaigns, but right now, playing solo is great, and the way to go for those intense moments. I'll go back and play co-op (sadly split-screen) once I finish the campaigns (at least Leon's) for myself.

Maybe it is because I had no expectations going into this, but if you got a kick out of 2,4,and 5, there is a good chance you will enjoy this.

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    So is this the game that's finally going to sink Capcom for good? I know they had a shitload of money and resources tied into RE6.
    Don't see why Capcom would sink. The game is enjoyable. Definitely more action than the early series, but Leon's campaign is very reminiscent in feel to 1 and 2.

6. I feel RE6 is getting railroaded here

I'll eat my hat if it isn't better than 50% of "mainstream" games

7. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I feel RE6 is getting railroaded here

I'll eat my hat if it isn't better than 50% of "mainstream" games
    I'm starting to feel like it is. It has to be good if it has me looking forward to when I can get back to play some more.

8. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    I'm starting to feel like it is. It has to be good if it has me looking forward to when I can get back to play some more.
    I'm with ya on that one. I may be somewhere that has good internet the later half of this month, so maybe we can play some co-op then.

9. This game is available at Redbox so maybe driving to McDonalds and spending 2 dollars to try the full game before committing to a $60 purchase that is getting some really bad press is the smart play here.

10. Screw being smart. This is TNL.