Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enter The Void

1. Paz de la Huerta is an attractive lady, but she was given a little too much screentime. The movie definitely would have benefited from tighter editing. I still enjoyed the experience-- it was kind of a modern, gritty retelling of Grave of the Fireflies. Also, I can't decide if Oscar was actually shot and/or killed at the pub, or the entire movie took place in his apartment
    Last edited by Taito; 23 Feb 2011 at 08:40 AM.

2. My favorite part was when he possessed the dude fucking his sister, because what good is a film if it doesn't have Ghost Dad Incest in it, amirite hater?

3. I kind of liked the spaced out colors at the beginning. But I was really tired at the time. I still need to finish this, actually.

4. Personally, I thought the long ghost travel shots were necessary to keep the authenticity of the experience. Quick editing would completely butcher the atmosphere and wouldn't make sense, as its supposed to be from a real time first person perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    ...Take like 30 minutes out of him looking at imaginary shit in the ceiling, who the christ sits through that bit and is like, "yes, that was all great, keep that all in."
    It's the most realistic drug experience in a movie ever. I thought it was awesome .

5. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    Personally, I thought the long ghost travel shots were necessary to keep the authenticity of the experience. Quick editing would completely butcher the atmosphere and wouldn't make sense, as its supposed to be from a real time first person perspective.

It's the most realistic drug experience in a movie ever. I thought it was awesome .
    I've tripped my balls off plenty of times and I never saw that kaliedoscope bullshit.

Really, it was a cool idea for a movie but it didn't need to be that long. It got really tedious in places

6. The drug was DMT, which is one of the strongest hallucinogens in existence (far stronger than acid/shrooms) and usually only lasts 10-20 minutes.

7. Whatever, that shit is in cough syrup

8. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    Personally, I thought the long ghost travel shots were necessary to keep the authenticity of the experience. Quick editing would completely butcher the atmosphere and wouldn't make sense, as its supposed to be from a real time first person perspective.

Definitely. The uneven pacing was essential to making the experience seem authentic. "Edit" isn't the right word, but the movie could have been shorter. There are enough scenes in the movie that illustrate Oscar's Oedipal issues-- I'm not sure that every shot of Linda dancing, or making out with her girl-friend, was necessary to prove that point.

I don't see the runtime as a negative, but since it seems to be the common complaint, I think there are a few scenes that didn't need to last 5+ minutes.
    Last edited by Taito; 25 Feb 2011 at 11:45 AM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    Whatever, that shit is in cough syrup
    lol DMT not DXM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    lol DMT not DXM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dmx.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	60517