Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Witness - Jonathan Blow's New Game

1. 1/27/2016

Yoshi advocates playing a technologically inferior version of a video game over the definitive one, trips over own knuckles.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Tain mentioned on Twitter that he was able to get the game to support VR by just adding a "-vr" to the execution command. That's a huge selling point to me, but it also means I don't need the game until April at the earliest.
    I wouldn't want to play this in VR. To just walk around and look at the pretty island, sure. But I've been using a notepad & my phone's camera for cross referencing things constantly, and that's not going to fly with a headset on.

That's both disappointing and interesting at the same time. I wonder if the Vive's camera would bridge that gap.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    1/27/2016

Yoshi advocates playing a technologically inferior version of a video game over the definitive one, trips over own knuckles.

I'm not really advocating playing Gravity Rush at all, but I do advocate owning a Vita, though admittedly the reasons are getting harder to find.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 27 Jan 2016 at 10:43 AM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Because it's a port, and not timely at that.
    Sure, but so what? It's a version of a game I'd wanted to play that I never got to. It's all new to me. I'm pretty sure I've been hearing about The Witness long before Gravity Rush, so that makes Gravity Rush Remastered more timely rather than less.

5. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    I wouldn't want to play this in VR. To just walk around and look at the pretty island, sure. But I've been using a notepad & my phone's camera for cross referencing things constantly, and that's not going to fly with a headset on.
    So you like?

6. It's fantastic. Incredibly challenging but rewarding.

There's a sort-of metroidvania quality to the puzzle progression that is super-satisfying, with the entire world and most of the puzzles open to you but you can't fully explore them until the game has taught you the rules.

7. From what I've read/seen it sounds pretty old school game design. No hand holding just presents problems and teaches you in game enough to put the pieces together on your own. When you get it, more makes sense and you can keep going, but it never tells you specifically where to go.