Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV

1. It'll be good to me! I promise nothing for anyone else.

I like the way that enemies have reactions when getting hit (most easily seen in the fight against the big guy starting around the two minute mark).

I like how the guy is actually clicking on the skills in that video.

3. They hired Dave to make their videos.

4. I think that's just so you can see what the skills do.

Also what's the full deal on PS3 version? There was never one for non reborn realms right?

5. Right. It was intended to go into testing and get released a few months after the PC version, but then it bombed so the PS3 went on indefinite hold while they sorted out the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    They hired Dave to make their videos.
    boom roasted
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. Shit. I don't even look at this thread ever, but I just did out of curiosity only to be insulted. Nicely done

I can handle about eight buttons now. Anything else is click territory

8. First wave is out. I got my guaranteed invite due to legacy status.

Also: Picture from the producer of what I assume is at least their initial controller UI. The first beta won't have controller support regardless so I'll have no idea how that part's progressing for a while.

9. Got in the beta.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

10. Hooray! I wish you weren't on the other side of the world because my schedule is so limited these days.

They posted a video a little bit ago of how the controller layout works and it seems to be really well thought out. It's a long-winded and slow video filled with self-congratulating so I recommend skipping around to actually see things in action.

If anyone cares they also posted a benchmark program a while back, and the engine has been so crazy optimized almost to where if you could run FFXIV 1.0 at all then you can probably run 2.0 at a high framerate with everything on. It runs better than any MMO I've ever played, to where sitting in town during a stress test where they literally dropped every single person playing into one spot produced no noticeable framerate drop. However, they haven't implemented DX11 support yet so having a benchmark seems rather premature.