Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34444647484950 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV

1. Anyone care about this but me? No? Didn't think so.

The expansion is coming in a couple months, official pre-orders went up today which predictably went about as smoothly for SE's online store as every other major release. I guess I'll be finding out the hard way if PepitaStore is any better than Digital River (spoilers: they aren't).

So it's coming with three new jobs of Dark Knight, Machinist, Astrologian (tank, dps, heals), guild airships, flying mounts (both of those are limited to select zones of the new areas), and a new race with the somewhat-cheesy name of Au Ra.

Click for full size

I was interested enough to watch the rather long trailer the other day, but I think that's about the extent of it.

3. If you don't like playing this game, at least.. AT LEAST listen to the music.

But yeah I am excited, this game is a lot of fun to jump on, play for like 4 weeks, do everything and then come back to later.

4. Yeah, there's some great music in there. I wish the soundtracks weren't crazy expensive, I'd probably pick up a couple just because if they weren't like $50 a pop because Japan.

I'm a little worried for when Golden Saucer hits because I want everything that can be purchased from there, which will mean so much grinding.

5. Uh, Golden Saucer already hit. D:

I mean this games soundtrack is very very very long as well. There's a lot of tracks, plus they just keep coming out with new awesome music.

6. Ah, I haven't played in a while because I've been on Destiny so much and only hopped on FFXIV to help out an IRL friend who's super low level. I thought that patch wasn't for like another month or so.

7. If I can free up some time in a few months... I will give this a try.

8. Think it came out last week or the week before last. It's pretty cool, Computer died so didn't get to mess with it much more after that.

9. I've done a bang-up job of ignoring this, but I feel myself starting to slip. I hate MMOs, and much as I tried so, so hard to love XI, I came away heartbroken. (Spending more time trying to form a party than actually playing? Great fucking design, guys!)
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

10. I played XI for hundreds of hours. There were consequences.

I really want to check this out, but I don't trust myself. I'd hate to see what would happen at the hands of an MMORPG that's actually good.