Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354547484950 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV

1. So I'm doing this. For 30 days. We'll see if I go beyond that.

A good observation: The soundtrack is on point. That nighttime music for Ul'Dah. Damn.

A bad observation: Playing on a 55-inch screen from my couch, and I can barely read the fucking NPC text. The only fix is to gimp the resolution, which I'd rather not do. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Is it not mod-able at all? That's one thing Blizzard absolutely killed with WoW.

3. Final Fantasy XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Is it not mod-able at all? That's one thing Blizzard absolutely killed with WoW.
    I Googled the hell out of it and came up empty. S-E has been accommodating in adjusting the map, chat box, shortcut bar, etc. But NPC dialog boxes are off-limits for some crazy reason. People have been complaining for a couple years, to no avail.

I'll just wear my glasses and deal with it for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

4. It's still pretty great, even though I don't play as much as I used to. I just wish they'd finally fix the legacy server population issues, as it's always been such a pain to get my friends onto the same server because the only real guaranteed way is to do a server transfer from a less populated one.

5. For some reason Amazon gave me a bunch of DLC codes for a game I've never owned.
    If someone wants them, here they are:
    Original Fat Chocobo Mount
    FAQU LJLN 39Y6 3E59 9T79

Maid Attire
    FAJU ARZ5 7G2N 8YG8 ULZK

Butler Attire
    FAPU AAN7 7FG4 F954 JT2H

Crag Mask
    FAHU WV7S 49B5 Z4M6 CVV6

Inferno Mask
    FANU WQHA 7T6N DQG4 BMB6

99x Magicked Prism (Wings)
    FALU BPFM 48JY NVG6 8ZD3

6. I snagged the inferno mask and butler outfit, thanks!

Is anyone planning to pick this back up for Stormblood? I got the ARR and Heavensward around Christmas but burned out just after the end of the ARR story line. I was playing with my wife, and she got bored before me. I'd still like to see the Matsuno-designed raid, but I'm not going it alone.

In case anyone else is interested, Chux and I are picking this back up to play with TrialSword, finch, and Geen on Malboro. finch says you have to smoke Marlboros to play on that server.

9. I might be later than everybody else. Working both jobs every day until Friday, sooooo.

10. I'll be able to play a little on Sunday, but Fridays are the day I'll most likely be on besides that.