Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 68910

Thread: Dark Tower Movie/Show

1. I'm sick of Hollywood's blackwashing.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sick of Hollywood's blackwashing.
    It's not that he's black it's that Roland and Eddie being white is a big deal when they first draw Susana in midworld. So even before a single bit of plot was revealed through trailers or interviews, you knew immediately with the casting that details in the story were going to be changed.

It just wasn't a good sign that they were gonna do justice to the source material when they are making changes right off the bat with casting.

Edit: more to the point if this is supposed to be a continuation of the books it makes even less sense. Suddenly Roland is black out of nowhere? That's odd.
    Last edited by Opaque; 05 Aug 2017 at 12:40 PM.

3. Things change with every loop, nothing is ever the same.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Maybe Susanah will be trailer trash.

5. Or maybe, in the final confrontation, Roland shoots straight at Walter, who reaches out to stop the bullet like every other time, and then Roland fires another bullet at an angle to the first one, ricochets it off something, shoots the first bullet out of its original trajectory, and finally lands a hit on Walter. Which only makes sense if you ignore that the legs of a triangle are longer than the hypotenuse and the first bullet not only had to make up the time from being fired after the first one but also all that extra distance in its trajectory to catch up. Maybe things change, but nothing is changing this from being a terrible, terrible movie.

Also, Idris Elba would have made a great Roland if only he'd had a script to work with, and I don't care about the race angle at all.

6. I set my expectations pretty low when going to see this last night and I was surprised.

It was so much worse than I thought. Holy shit... what a disaster.

You know what would make a really good Dark Tower movie? The Gunslinger.

I don't know who is going to have a worse experience seeing this movie. Someone that has read the books and is expecting them to do a semi-competent job, or someone that has had no access to the source material.
    Last edited by sedition; 09 Aug 2017 at 01:11 PM.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

7. Well that was fucking horrible.

Ugh.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Right? It's so disappointing that I don't even want to discuss it. I just want to commiserate.

9. Yeah, I kind of just want to cry. Cause... fuck.