Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Movie/Show

Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    This will suck btw.

It's like people who like this series don't realize it won't translate well to screen and that the entire first book is nonsense that even Stephen King wants to pretend doesn't exist.
    The first book will make a great opening twenty minutes to half an hour of any movie. It's a book almost entirely about imagery and style and stereotype of character archetypes with a weird little tiwst (the boy)
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Actually, from the article it sounds like the majority of the second TV season could be Wizard & Glass (indeed, the best one).
    Is that the one about Roland's past and that witch and stuff? Because that was the only coherent story worth a shit.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Yes.

To be fair the books were just getting better until IV, with I basically being 200 pages of introduction. Then everything after IV went completely to shit.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

I'll be so pissed if Stephen King plays Stephen King in whatever visual adaptation they make.

He will too, watch.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

5. Wizard n glass was the worst book. It just went on and on and on. It turns out I'm still reading it now and this is all a dream.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Make the first movie, then just stop (if only they had done that with Matrix).

7. Warner Bros. are going to make their final decision on greenlighting this in the next two weeks.

Also: Javier Bardem is out, Russell Crowe as Roland?
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

8. I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

9. I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.