Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Movie/Show

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I've never read the books, but man-babies are whining that casting Idris Elba as Roland ruins the character because apparently there's this whole subplot involving a racist black person who hates Roland because he's white. Is this really a thing that matters?
    She doesn't exactly hate him because he's white, but yeah, some dialogue is seriously going to have to be rewritten. IDGAF though. Idris is a great choice for Roland, and I think they completely nailed MIB/Flagg's casting.

I love that there's a fat spoiler in the teaser art, too.
    Last edited by No One; 18 Jul 2016 at 05:59 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I've never read the books, but man-babies are whining that casting Idris Elba as Roland ruins the character because apparently there's this whole subplot involving a racist black person who hates Roland because he's white. Is this really a thing that matters?
    Honk mah-fah.

I haven't gotten past Book 4, but people on animegirl's Facebook have said this makes plenty of sense after the last book, in an abstract way.

I'm not worried about continuity nerd issues. I'm betting King wouldn't let them do anything to ruin his baby unless he did it himself.

It's going to be very different than the books. It's a new story. So who cares.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    I love that there's a fat spoiler in the teaser art, too.
    It's supposed to get people to shut up about Roland being black. Things are different this loop because of REASONS, so shut up about Detta, ok?

5. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    I think they completely nailed MIB/Flagg's casting.
    I know you're right about this without having read the Dark Tower books, because that's who I assumed the character really was based on McConaughey's casting alone (having read other King books with Flagg).
    Last edited by Dolemite; 20 Jul 2016 at 09:50 AM.

6. I should probably get around to finishing the books. I stopped after Wizard and Glass since it took so fucking long and now I don't remember a damn thing about any of them.

7. You have forgotten the face of your father.

8. If you didn't like wizard and glass or thought it was too long, there is no hope for you to finish the series.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

9. Wizard and Glass is easily the best book in the series. Maybe one of King's best.

I read the entire series but pretty much checked out when golden snitches, lightsabers, and Dr. Doom showed up. Fuck that.
    Last edited by Jed; 19 Jul 2016 at 03:13 PM.

He wrote the final books quickly, because he was afraid he was going to die. Too quickly, and not Cocaine Steve quick either.