Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 356789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Movie/Show

1. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Watching again and I'm just getting more pissed. They're totally marketing this to millennials, Jake is going to be the protagonist. I guarantee Oy is going to be some wise cracking Rocket Raccoon.
    Being a poor adaptation has nothing to do with marketing to millennials.

2. If you have finished reading the books:

There is some speculation that the movie is a sequel.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

It has to be. Wasn't Roland carrying the horn around in the teaser trailer?

4. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    If you have finished reading the books:

There is some speculation that the movie is a sequel.
    Speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Bump. So this is happening with Idris Elba as Roland and Matthew McConaghy as the man in black.

Even better is this:

So it's a sequel to the books.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

5. "The tower protects both our worlds" no it doesn't. The axle doesn't give a shit what the truck is carrying. I'd like to be optimistic but this trailer doesn't understand the story it's trying to tell.
    Last edited by James; 03 May 2017 at 10:11 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Watching again and I'm just getting more pissed. They're totally marketing this to millennials, Jake is going to be the protagonist. I guarantee Oy is going to be some wise cracking Rocket Raccoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Well honestly Jake, Eddie and Susannah are more the main characters of the books as a whole.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    "The tower protects both our worlds" no it doesn't. The axle doesn't give a shit what the truck is carrying. I'd like to be optimistic but this trailer doesn't understand the story it's trying to tell.
    Both. BOTH. Both?

Jake's most famous line is "Go then, there are other worlds than these" and in this movie he's taking about how the tower protects "both" worlds? The tower is the fucking connecting point of all existence ever, not some fucking thing protecting only two worlds. I'm getting more upset about this.

and I get it, he's in a loop and this is either after; or, andI don't see people pointing this out but it could easily be before as well, the books but come on. This is total shit.
    Last edited by Opaque; 04 May 2017 at 12:44 AM.

8. King has been involved in production so I'm still optimistic.

Also we really need Iris Elba to be in everything
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    King has been involved in production so I'm still optimistic.

Also we really need Iris Elba to be in everything
    Yeah but King also isn't doing tons of drugs anymore.

10. True, more coke makes everything better