Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 245678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Movie/Show

1. As long as King is not one of the main characters, I am fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Thank you for being honest.

It's probably the reason I like books one and four the best. Not much of Jake, Susannah, and Eddie.
    Nailed it.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. Why the fuck is Jake trying to convince Roland to save the tower? That's like the polar opposite of how this works. That's like if in the LotR movies Sauron just wouldn't take back the ring, no matter how much everyone begged him to.

Fuck this movie already.
    Last edited by Opaque; 03 May 2017 at 09:46 AM.

4. Emo Roland for the millennials.

5. God damnit, I had high hopes for this one.

6. Watching again and I'm just getting more pissed. They're totally marketing this to millennials, Jake is going to be the protagonist. I guarantee Oy is going to be some wise cracking Rocket Raccoon.

7. Wow. Enough salt in this thread to open a soy sauce factory. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

8. I just finished Book 3 this week, and it sure likes they're doing some sort of mash-up instead of a film faithful to the first book. Interest falling.

This would have been much better as a Netflix series, like one season per volume or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

9. The slo-mo reloading has me really skeptical. I've been meaning to read the book for a while.