Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Movie/Show

1. Bump. So this is happening with Idris Elba as Roland and Matthew McConaghy as the man in black.

Even better is this:

So it's a sequel to the books.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Should be rad. It's not the adaptation I wanted but honestly, this is a better idea.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

And icarusfall is totally wrong, book 4 is the best.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

4. alright alright alright

5. I'm not jumping on the excite train just yet. I love Elba and McConaughey, but some of the early press photos look very suspect. It definitely doesn't look like a western, and it's got like a young teen / edgy / vampire look to it. No Eddie, no Susannah, no lobstrosities, I'm afraid this is going to get botched. Badly.

It does kind of look like Twilight doesn't it. Looks like they are taking more inspiration from the stand, which isn't like...wrong? But if they Twilight it up it's going to be lame.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

7. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    And icarusfall is totally wrong, book 4 is the best.
    This is a tangential thought you had while still reading the book.

Your life is a lie.

Idris Elba is an odd choice for Roland, but McConnaghey (whatever spelling) seems like a great fit for TMIB.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. I've never read the books, but man-babies are whining that casting Idris Elba as Roland ruins the character because apparently there's this whole subplot involving a racist black person who hates Roland because he's white. Is this really a thing that matters?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Only if you're a nerd.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

It would be pretty cool if Tarantino directed this, I think. He would probably want TOO MUCH dialogue.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie