Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4678910 LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Movie/Show

1. You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. I feel somewhat better knowing it's for sure a sequal and not a prequal or pure reboot.

Means maybe we'll just see this to the true end now.

3. Depends on if people go and see this first one.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. So this is 95 min long.

That's concerning.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Seems too action movie for the source material.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Seems too action movie for the source material.
    agree here. and generally they stand a very good chance to fail it, as the expectations of the fanbase are soaring too high and if some of them are not met it's going to be a big flop altogether

7. Welp, reviews are coming in and it's not good.

8. Just as well. Cool casting does not equal cool movie.

It's not like Stephen King has a clue as to what a good movie looks like from the inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Maximum Overdrive begs to differ.

Well, okay, that one's not really good, it's more like proof that a movie can be awesome while also not being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. Yep, this was pretty bad. I've no idea how this script got so much wrong. Changing the main character from Roland to Jake is mind-bogglingly dumb, and making Jake some kind of psychic powerhouse made no sense whatsoever. Irdis Elba made a great Roland, during the few bits where he was allowed to actually be Roland rather than some weird burned-out emotionally-tormented oh god who gives a shit, and the strongest role was actually Walter/Randall Flagg, the man in black. Also, I've no idea why so much of this was set on Earth. It's like the filmmakers had zero faith in the thing they were supposed to be adapting and made Generic Fantasy Action Movie instead.