Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday, Dreamcast

Border Down, Under Defeat, and Jet Grind Radio need to get re-released so my DC can never see the light of day again.

2. Also: Powerstone, Project Justice, and Record of Lodoss war.

3. In related news, the new version of Demul came out the other day, which makes a lot of NAOMI shit playable that wasn't before. Sega Strike Fighter, Maze of Kings (worked before but controls were bad and not fun, fixed now), Lupin the Third Shooting, Jambo Safari, and if you have a monster CPU you can even play Wild Riders (albeit with a black sky and imperfect lighting emulation).

4. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    VGA Monitor or GTFO
    It's connected to the LCD through the VGA port. I don't plan on dragging my 17" VGA monitor out of the attic anytime soon.
    Last edited by gamevet; 10 Sep 2010 at 10:46 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Border Down, Under Defeat, and Jet Grind Radio need to get re-released so my DC can never see the light of day again.
    Amen.

I was going to suggest Typing of the Dead, then I remember the PC version which is more convenient to play anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Project Justice
    This x 1,000,000

7. Only system I ever pre-ordered. My bro pre-ordered a PS2 for me and I got it as a gift but the DC was the only one I did. Gaming was great back then.

You know, that's an interesting question. I think the Japanese GBA and GameCube are the only systems I ever preordered. I got my Japanese DC with Sonic Adventure, which was roughly a month after launch.

9. I preordered DC because the guy working at EB was quitting so he gave me full credit on a bunch of used games. Think I paid $10 for DC.

That's the only system I ever preordered.

10. IGN has a nice little article celebrating the history of the DC.

The DC was the first and only console I've ever reserved (I did stumble upon the Saturn in May of 1995 and bought one) and it was the most memorable console purchases I'd ever made. It's too bad my launch DC died 2 weeks after its one year warranty expired, but I really played the console more than any other, for such a short period of time.
    Last edited by gamevet; 10 Sep 2010 at 08:52 PM.