Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday, Dreamcast

1. There are still a few DC games I'm looking forward to.
    Age of the Beast, Sturmwind, and whatever that Turrican clone is called, all look cool.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    There are still a few DC games I'm looking forward to.
    Age of the Beast, Sturmwind, and whatever that Turrican clone is called, all look cool.
    Gunlord!

It's been available for over a month. The game is pretty cool!
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/thr...post1064735116

3. Cumlord imo

4. So has anyone tried upconverting the Dreamcast's 480P VGA signal to 1080p HDMI?

I watched this guy's video, and from the looks of this particular converter, it sounds like this would be more trouble ($90) than it's worth:

Anyone have experience with that particular converter or any others?

Also, I've heard there are ways to trick games that don't naturally support VGA mode into doing it. I'm mainly interested in the Midway Sports games and Capcom games like Dino Crisis that don't support VGA natively.
    Last edited by jyoung; 16 Dec 2012 at 04:37 AM.

5. I believe you can trick those games into working with the VGA adaptor, using a Gameshark.

Here's the trick.

Last edited by gamevet; 16 Dec 2012 at 01:41 PM.

6. Yep, the VGA box I found at a game shop a few months back has the switch on it that allows you to trick games into playing VGA. I've gotten NBA Showtime to work that way by doing the switch trick.

I also picked up a VGA --> Component converter from Monoprice for $40 and now I am able to record Dreamcast footage in 480p. Pretty nifty.

Somebody hurr sold me a VGA box but my memory is shot, and i deleted my PMs. whoever did it, it arrived and it works and i love you

I remember playing DC on my 15 inch monitor instead of my dad's 50" projection tv because it looked SO GOOD.

Does anyone know if the DC works okay with modern TVs using a VGA to HDMI adapter? None of the tvs I've looked at have VGA ports anymore, but they usually have a HDMI port that can be configured for PC use.

My 4 year old joint still has a VGA plug, though I too am interested in the HDMI joint.