Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 57891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday, Dreamcast

1. In a related note, I've been listening to the Alien Front Online soundtrack during spring cleaning. Patriotic ass rock FTW.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Somebody hurr sold me a VGA box but my memory is shot, and i deleted my PMs. whoever did it, it arrived and it works and i love you

Glad to hear you got it. Enjoy.
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    In a related note, I've been listening to the Alien Front Online soundtrack during spring cleaning. Patriotic ass rock FTW.
    There's music in that game?

I don't think I ever heard any due to all the people yelling random shit through their mics.

First console game to have online multiplayer with a mic! All over dial up internet! SEGA.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I remember playing DC on my 15 inch monitor instead of my dad's 50" projection tv because it looked SO GOOD.

Does anyone know if the DC works okay with modern TVs using a VGA to HDMI adapter? None of the tvs I've looked at have VGA ports anymore, but they usually have a HDMI port that can be configured for PC use.
    None? A few months back every single TV I looked at had VGA. It was just a pain finding out what resolutions were officially supported.

Are you looking only at specific kinds of TVs?
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

5. Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    There's music in that game?

I don't think I ever heard any due to all the people yelling random shit through their mics.

First console game to have online multiplayer with a mic! All over dial up internet! SEGA.
    Ugh, the only time I played AFO's online mode was stained by some dumbass yelling "MINMAY!" every time he got killed, lol.

Darmonde: I'm looking at Plasmas mostly. It probably has something to do with my price range as well, I'm sure if I was looking at the $1000+ models they would have it, the less expensive models do not. One of the Samsung plasmas I was looking at has one of its HDMI inputs that can be dedicated to PC so it turns off all processing, but no actual VGA.

Interesting. I think I only ended up looking into the details for LCDs, I wonder if its different between those 2 types. Searched mainly in the 32-55 range, definitely looking sub $1000. I think I was always worried it wouldn't be there, but it always was.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

Possibly, I haven't even glanced at LCDs.

9. What brands are you looking at? All mine are Samsung with the exception of a Toshiba. They range from a 2006 26" to a 2011 60". They all have vga.

Samsung and Panasonic.