Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Harry Nilsson?

1. Who Is Harry Nilsson?

This looks like a pretty great documentary about a guy who really deserves a great documentary. It's apparently been kicking around for a few years, but it's finally hitting theaters this week in limited release and DVD in about 6 weeks:
    http://www.authorizedpix.com/wihn_home.html

Nilsson was an amazingly talented guy who was, in my opinion, the equal of John Lennon (who, along with McCartney, considered him his favorite artist). He built an amazing, original, diverse catalog in just a few short years before blowing out his voice, drinking himself into obscurity, and dying penniless at age 52.

If you're not that familiar with the name (which seems to be true of most people under 40), you probably still know a lot of his music:

Last edited by Frogacuda; 13 Sep 2010 at 11:26 PM.

2. He's the man pink-socking your mother.

3. If he were still alive, I'd be proud for Harry Nilsson to do whatever he wanted to my mother.

4. Nilsson Schmillson

5. Meh. Where's my goddamn Sam Cooke doc? Nigga wrote and sang 29 hits, gave a voice to the civil rights movement, and got shot dead in his skivvies by a hooker!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. I'll see it, I don't really know much about Harry Nillsson outside of the two awesome albums I have of his:

7. I think Pandemonium Shadow Show and Aerial Ballet are probably his strongest albums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Meh. Where's my goddamn Sam Cooke doc? Nigga wrote and sang 29 hits, gave a voice to the civil rights movement, and got shot dead in his skivvies by a hooker!
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1566942/

Also, it was the hotel manager, the hooker just stole his shit and screamed rape.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 13 Sep 2010 at 07:39 PM.

8. Holy Shit! Thanks, Frog! yeah I knew it was the Hotel clerk, but a hooker sounds cooler! I remember I used to think it was cover up and some whities killed him. I wonder if it talks about any of the conspiracies.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Is this like a semi sequel to who is harry crumb?

10. Watch Standing in the Shadows of Motown if you wanna see an incredible music doc.
    Boo, Hiss.