Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My laptop HDD died

Hit it with a hammer.

2. just tried swapping the logic board... no success
    I'm always right, even when I'm wrong I'm right.

3. Did you even try what I said?

Why would he do that?

5. Because Windows is flaky at best when recognizing a drive via eSATA. It also would have told him definitively if the drive was toast before spending money on a part he now knows didn't work.

OH WHATEVER DYNE

7. Yes I did try the device manager and the drive manager. No dice.

8. Rather than starting a new thread, I will ask this here. I have a 500 gig WD passport drive that started giving me serious problems. I use it for all my photos, and I noticed that photos I was adding to it recently straight from my CF card, were all becoming corrupted. I also noticed that photos and folders I was working on all starting at a certain date had all of a sudden corrupted photos. I am guessing that the hdd just took a bump or hit that caused some problems. My question is if the hdd is far too gone for any more use? I don't want to risk using it for my primary photo storage anymore, so I already got a new portable hdd that I am only using as a main backup, but if a format might have fixed the problem I can use it as another form of backup. Does the problem sound like the hdd is worthless or is it something that a format may have corrected?

9. From my experience, when a HDD starts corrupting data and what not, it's on it's last legs.

Back that shit up or reap the whirlwind.