Page 1 of 36 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics' 4th)

Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics' 4th)

Quote Originally Posted by 1UP
    Lara Croft's next Tomb Raider outing may see the heroine exploring an open-world environment.

According to the rumors section in the latest issue of PC Gamer magazine (via CVG), the next Tomb Raider game will be "set on a Japanese island," with the idea being that players would explore "one cohesive level with multiple ways around the puzzles."

The report also suggests that the adventure will star a younger, less experienced Lara, exploring the character's origins.

Note that this game would be a continuation of the Tomb Raider series that was last explored in Tomb Raider Underworld, and not the recent digitally-distributed spin-off Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.
    Link

I can't decide how I feel about this. I guess it depends on how tightly it is executed.

2. So it's somewhat sandbox? Could be cool/more realistic to stay in one locale instead of globe trotting 20 different tombs.

I'm up for them trying something new. I would hate to see the series get brought down by rehash again like in the '90s.
    multiple ways around the puzzles.
    However, that's what they also told us about Underworld but I didn't see it.

4. It's a good idea, I'm all in if they pull this off.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    There might be a new Tomb Raider game on the way, if teaser artwork in the new issue of Game Informer has been deciphered correctly.

A two page spread in the latest issue, posted on NeoGaf, shows a shipwrecked vessel, the words "A survivor is born" and a reveal date of 6th December.

So, why might this point to a new Tomb Raider title? Well, you may remember back in July last year leaked information suggested that the next game in Eidos' long-running franchise would see Lara Croft shipwrecked on a mysterious island off the coast of Japan.

A website has also gone live bearing the words "A survivor is born".

The last 'traditional' game in the series, Tomb Raider: Underworld, came out in 2008 with Eurogamer's Ellie Gibson awarding it 7/10.

Then earlier this year we had the excellent top-down spin-off, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

Eidos and parent company Square Enix haven't commented on the Game Informer image so you'll just have to wait until next month to find out what exactly is afoot.
    Link

Warning: NeoGAF

I noticed that too, so I went with the more recently updated one.

8. No you didn't.

The other thread had posts in December, the most recent one in this was from November.

9. Interesting direction with the horror vibes. I was wary of yet another TR, but this one definitely doesn't look like the same ol' same ol'.