Thread: TNL Movie Club - Trick 'R Treat

1. TNL Movie Club - Trick 'R Treat

Trick 'R Treat
    IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0862856/

It's a little early but I decided that since my pick is near the beginning of October I'd pick a little horror movie released recently that I don't feel nearly enough people saw.

Originally planned to come out in 2007, for some reason WB decided to be assholes about it and delayed the movie finally releasing it only direct to DVD in October 2009. It was incredibly shitty as this is a movie that would have been awesome to see in the theater if given the chance, and the direct to DVD release caused most people to just ignore it. Which was unfair to one of the best horror movies to come out in recent years.

The movie itself is a four part anthology of Halloween stories that all tie loosely together taking place one Halloween night. Two of the highlights for me are definitely Dylan Baker's short as The Principal and the short about Sam, the little character you see on the poster there. But the other two shorts are also very good including one staring Anna Paquin.

There is currently talk of a possible sequel but we'll see. Doing sequels would actually work for this, but with the way the studio treated it who knows if it will actually happen.

If you didn't see this movie last year now is the time to get on it and you will most definitely enjoy yourself. For those of you that did see it, watch it again and you'll find it is just as good or maybe even better than you remember.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trick_r_treat.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	58095  
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Good pick! I'll be watching this some time in October.

3. I watched this last year as part of the 31 Days of Horror thing. A lot of fun. It's like a morbid kids movie set in an idyllic Halloween town where everyone is in costume and nobody really bats an eye at a bunch of kids getting murdered. A high murder rate on halloween just seems to be a tradition. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

4. For those (like me) who didn't have this movie, Best Buy has the bluray for $9.99 this week. Just picked it up, will watch tonight hopefully.

5. Everyone should buy this movie for 9.99 on bluray seriously.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Fun movie, I didn't know it was like Tales From The Crypt when I watched it. Really dick move by the studio to bury this, you really don't see many movies like this made.