Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exporting video to MPEG4 on PC

1. That totally doesn't sound right; I did a bit of searching on Premiere CS3 before my last reply, and the info I saw said that it did. Hmm.

Wikipedia says Premiere Pro can support output to Blu-ray; if it can do that, it would be illogical that it couldn't output to standard h264. Also, this PDF mentions exporting to h264.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. h264 is MPEG4? If so, then apparently CS3 does it after all!

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Yup, confirmed with Oleg, the tech guy at my job, that h264 = MPEG4. Looks like CS3 is the way to go after all.

Thanks, 'doshi!

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Basically, h264 is the technical term for one of the more recent versions of MPEG4, which had much improved video quality but also required better playback hardware. So commonly you have "standard" MPEG4 and then MPEG4 AVC (advanced video codec), which is also referred to as h264.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. Isn't Microsofts VC1 also based on MPEG4? (I could be calling it by the wrong name MS's codec that is)
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. http://www.winsupersite.com/digitalmedia/dmc_video.asp

Microsoft has successfully pushed the latest WMV version, WMV 9, as part of an SMPTE standard called VC-1. Support for this standard is included in all Blu-Ray and HD DVD hardware. Because the WMV-derived VC-1 is a standard, like H.264, it's possible that it could achieve more widespread use in the future, both via PC software and other hardware devices. But it certainly hasn't happened yet.

7. Encoded some shit in h264. Works great. Picture quality is much, much better than standard MPEG, and the file sizes are much smaller to boot. Good stuff.