Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exporting video to MPEG4 on PC

1. Exporting video to MPEG4 on PC

See thread title. I want to do it. I use an older version of Adobe Premiere Pro, but I have a copy of CS3 I can install if need be. I also have After Effects CS3. Any suggestions?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. MPEG Streamclip. I dunno how good the PC version is, but I use the Mac version for so much at work.

http://www.squared5.com/

3. Thank you, former Mezz. I'll give it a shot.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Be a little more specific: what is your source, and what are you wanting to do with the final MPEG4?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. The source are AVI files that I edit in Premiere Pro. The final MPEG4's will be for posting on the web. Sometimes I shoot and edit video for one of the sites I work for. They have an interface similar to YouTube for submitting videos. I've been submitting mine as regular ol' MPEGs (the site has a 200MB file submission limit) but one of their IT guys told me that they take MPEG4's too, so I figure, better quality, smaller file sie, I want in on that shit.

6. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Be a little more specific: what is your source, and what are you wanting to do with the final MPEG4?
    HEY! I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION! HELLOOOOO

7. I believe YouTube downloader has a media converter. I've used it to convert YouTube files to run on my psp and Walkman.

http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/
    Last edited by gamevet; 27 Sep 2010 at 11:18 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    HEY! I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION! HELLOOOOO
    SORRY, I WAS IN THE WILDERNESS CAMPING! (Yes, I'm serious.)

Honestly, make it easy on yourself; if the version of Premiere Pro you're running now can't export to MPEG4, install CS3, which I believe can. There's no reason to go through any extra steps (and extra compressions) if you can just do it straight from Premiere.

9. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SORRY, I WAS IN THE WILDERNESS CAMPING! (Yes, I'm serious.)
    Cool.

Honestly, make it easy on yourself; if the version of Premiere Pro you're running now can't export to MPEG4, install CS3, which I believe can. There's no reason to go through any extra steps (and extra compressions) if you can just do it straight from Premiere.
    Sounds like the most logical course of action. Thx!

10. Well, I installed CS3, and guess what? It doesn't export to MPEG4. Fuck.

Guess I'll try Coury's suggestion instead.