Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 31 Days of Horror, Part 3: Three Times Three is Dead 3D

1. Fuck yes.

Also, Go for Altered States Mr-K. Its a weird movie and was probably visual masterpiece at the time it was made. I'm gonna watch Survival of the Dead today streaming. I'm not expecting anything great, but gotta start somewhere.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Rock Rock Rock Rock Rock and Roll High School.
    Come on, I've seen that.

I am going for Masque of the Red Death... right now.

So far I've watched Let The Right One In, Cabin Fever (That's for niggers!), and The Beyond (Not that good!). Article here.

3. As far as the Beyond is concerned, zombis were hot so they wrote them in. The Beyond is amazing for the very beginning of the movie. The crucifixion acid bath was amazing.

I'm watching The Manitou on Netflix stereaming right now. If you like 70's cheese involving midget indian demons and so bad its good rebirth scenes and corny decaps, then go for it.

Trailer:

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    Come on, I've seen that.

I am going for Masque of the Red Death... right now.

So far I've watched Let The Right One In, Cabin Fever (That's for niggers!), and The Beyond (Not that good!). Article here.
    Roth teases viewers for much of the film’s running time, holding off on the heavy gore and filling time with oddball characters and surprisingly well crafted off-color jokes, like this offensive number that bookmarks the movie (link probably NSFW).
    Bookends?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. I got a job which really fucked this up for me. My usual ritual of watching a movie at 2am when i'm tired and more susceptible to a movies atmosphere is no longer feasible. I did manage to watch a few though:

Dread - I was really surprised by this little film. It's about a small group of students who decide to do a thesis on fear, which slowly gets out of control. The premise is original and it was way more competently made than I was expecting. Definitely superior to the vast majority of straight to DVD fare. 7/10

Possession - A great example of when a master filmmaker makes a horror movie. Made by the guy behind the Colors Trilogy (Andrzej Zulawski), Possession is a surrealist arthouse horror flick about a failing marriage that spirals into oblivion. It is fucking fantastic. It was made when Zulawski's own marriage fell apart, and his rage and desperation permeates throughout the film. It stars a very young Sam Neil who is pretty great in this, but his performance is totally eclipsed by Isabelle Adjani, who gives what may be the most unhinged and frenetic performance I've ever seen, and won the 1981 best actress award in Cannes. She got so into her character that she attempted suicide while making this, and it took her years to get over the role. To this day she refuses to do anything as dark as this again. This film would make a fantastic companion piece to Antichrist, though its better paced and has more of a supernatural tinge to it. I could rant on and on about this movie, just fucking see it. A word of warning, the trailer is filled with spoilers. 9/10

Demonwarp - Q: What would you expect a movie entitled "Demonwarp" to be about? If you answered Bigfoot, aliens, AND zombies you'd be correct. Pretty fucking terrible and drags at times but the slow bits are made up for by how awesomely retarded the good bits are. 5.5/10

NSFW:

Madman - One of the many mostly forgotten slashers of the 80's. Its pretty fucking terrible. It features one of the funniest "sex" scenes I've ever seen and a really "cool" camp director. If you like shitty slashers this will be right up your alley but its certainly not for everyone. 5/10

Frailty - This was really good for most of it. When things got supernatural it really cheapened the whole movie. I saw the first twist coming from a mile away, and I'm not the type of guy who tries to figure out movies before they end. Shitty ending aside, the storyline and the atmosphere were really great, as was the writing. Bill Paxton is awesome when he's in good movies, and the child performances were top notch too. This was a good recommendation. 7.75/10

The Shining - Decided to rewatch this as my girlfriend had never seen it. I fucking love this film, one of the best horror flicks of all time in my opinion. You've all seen it probably so i won't waste my breath, but if you haven't you should make it your priority. 9.25/10

6. Possession sounds interesting but isn't available on netflix Anyplace online to watch it?

7. Check your PMs