Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG a 3DO, LOL!

1. We had Dino Park Tycoon on the Mac. Great game!

Always wanted to play 3DO Jurassic Park. Still do, even though YouTube seems to tell me it's terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. You left out the best game on the system, it deserves more than a piddly mention.

Return Fire! I never knew capture the flag could be this fun. I can't remember exactly how many levels there were but I do remember there were a lot. I spent like 2 weeks with a friend over the summer break before 9th grade playing through every single level and putting a decent chunk of time into the multiplayer.

When it came out on the PS1 and supported system link we both bought it and played the hell out of that. It was so much more fun when you couldn't see what the other person was doing.

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post

B.) The tech was created by the same guy who helped create the Amiga and the Lynx.
    This guy* couldn't catch a break.

*I thought it was two guys who worked on (and got fucked over because of) the Lynx? Isn't this Epyx?

Edit: Frog beat me to it. Should have refreshed the screen.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'll pretend I mentioned how much better the 3DO was than that stupid Atari Jaguar thing. That system sucked!
    I mean, it's not even 64-bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

I still think the hardware wasn't great for 2d games. I remember reading somewhere that it had issues when doing a lot of parallax layers. I recall some of its 2d games that looked amazing in stills being a bit choppy in motion.

Anyway, a friend of mine got one right after launch. I thought he was nuts to get rid of all his 16-bit collection plus mega cash to buy it but he was a huge Star Control II and Wing Commander fan so I don't think he minded. His system exposed me to most of the system's games. I had fun with Return Fire, Need for Speed, Blade Force, Gex, Road Rash, Slam 'n Jam and others. If I didn't already have a 486 PC to play games like Alone in the Dark, Quarantine, and others I would have been in more of a rush to get the console. It's too bad Policenauts never came out here.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJN
    I'll pretend I mentioned how much better the 3DO was than that stupid Atari Jaguar thing. That system sucked!
    Boo. The Jag's not the greatest system but, like the 3DO, it had its moments.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ssjn
    I leave some of the more obvious games out for the rest of you to list and wax nostalgic on.
    So fuck you timber!

Anyway, I present excerpts from an unreleased game that surely would have saved the 3DO.

7. First system I bought on my own. I saw them playing Road Rash on QVC one day, traded in whatever system I had at the time and all my games and walked out with the Sanyo 3DO. I always loved the look of the Panasonic one though. I really wish there was a good emulator (better than what FreeDO does) out for it since I've recently sold off my system.

What the hell was that 3d RPG with the Playmobile style graphics? Something Kingdom. My God I loved that game. Seeing Way of the Warrior on display at Video Factory was what made me a Rob Zombie fan.
    Last edited by Dyne; 28 Sep 2010 at 04:55 PM.

8. You lived in Japan?
    (Sanyo never made one in the US. Perhaps you are thinking Goldstar)

9. You're right. It was the Goldstar. I think it was cheaper than the Panasonic for some reason as well.

10. Don't click if boobies get you in trouble, but some silly programmer hid a nudie pic in Alone in the Dark 2!