Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG a 3DO, LOL!

1. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Cybermorph > entire 3DO library
    Cybermorph?

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Halverson + acid Cybermorph?

3. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I still think the hardware wasn't great for 2d games. I remember reading somewhere that it had issues when doing a lot of parallax layers. I recall some of its 2d games that looked amazing in stills being a bit choppy in motion.
    Samurai Shodown is one such case in point. The frame rate is nowhere near the Neo-Geo version. Try emulating the Neo-Geo version with frameskip 8 turned on. Meh. I guess it's not bad if you've never played the Neo-Geo one.

Now Starblade and Soccer Kid are good. Starblade has the full polygon graphics that the Sega CD version misses out on. Burning Soldier is OK.

Sega 32x definitely did 2D better. Shame there was never a 32x CD version of SamSho. With the 32x having a cartridge port, SS could've been handled similarly to KOF'95 on the Saturn. Backgrounds and game engine on the cart, BGM and characters on CD-ROM.

At $700, it was way above what I could afford then- and there's no way in hell I would have gotten it for a Christmas gift. I was able to buy a Panasonic one for $350 a year later, but that's still a bit much for what the 3DO could do. Thank goodness I didn't sell any 16-bit stuff to help pay for it, or I would've felt taken.

4. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I beat Guardian War back in the day, and while I've got no idea how it would hold up today, I loved every minute of it back then.

I was one of the people who paid $700 for the 3DO. In fairness, I knew it was a dumb idea, but days before it came out a multi-year relationship hit a brick wall, plus I was a waiter so had stupid amounts of cash on me at any given time. So a bit of rationalization later and I paid way too much for a shiny new system. And it made me happy the entire time I had it, until it eventually died.

James
    dont feel so bad. I know a guy who paid full price for a CD-I AND the Mpeg-1 Board.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

5. What's wrong with that? CDi has some great games too!

6. 3DO was my second console ever. I though it was cool.

Every game cost me like $3 or less, it was awesome.

7. 3D0 was the first system I played Alone in the Dark, also it featured this awful yet oddly addicting piece....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	584520_37492_front.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	58227  

8. Never played Space Hulk, but I always wanted to.

I dunno, always seemed like a spiritual follow-up to Space Gun for some reason. Don't care about Warhammer though.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 28 Sep 2010 at 09:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. When i first picked up the 3DO. The games I picked up were Jurassic Park and I enjoyed it. I still have fond (I bet now it would be different) memories. I also had Way of the Warrior and that game was the first Naughty Dog creation. It was so horrible, it was great. Megarace and Shadow: War of Succession both of these were HORRENDOUS! My god those two games stunk on ice.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    I also had Way of the Warrior and that game was the first Naughty Dog creation.
    First original maybe? I know they did some projects on the Genny, like Ring of Power. It had boobs and thats about all it had.