Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG a 3DO, LOL!

1. I think I may have owned one for a short period of time, but don't really remember. I know a friend had one and we used to play it a bit. Maybe I'll trade some garbage into SSJN and get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

2. That first Need for Speed was one of a few games (Battlesport, Star Fighter) that were arguably better than later ports on more advanced systems (playstation, Saturn).

3. I'll trade you my back up fz1 for a copy of Battlesphere.

This thread made me finally go to ebay and buy a 3DO. I got a FZ10 and a bunch of games for $70, which is more than I wanted to pay but it doesn't seem bad, even if most of the games suck. Is there anything good in this list besides Need for Speed?

Immercenary
    Family Feud (How do you even make a game of this?)
    Madden (Lol, I hate football)
    BladeForce
    Hell
    Battlesport
    Need For Speed
    Golf
    Shockwave
    Quarantine
    Starfighter
    Slam and Jam
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

5. That's supposedly the very height of the sprite-based John Madden games, too bad 4 u. Pretend it's 1992 and you are looking at THE FUTURE.

Invite a friend who drinks over! Good times for all involved.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 29 Sep 2010 at 09:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. I remember playing the shit out of Shockwave. Never could beat the last stage though. Some rave over Blade Force and Killing Time. Never liked either myself. Killing Time was one of those games where the ads and screengrabs on the box were nothing like the game.

7. I'd say you could have done a lot worse. Pretty much all of the non sports games on that list are solid, and madden and slam and jam were great sports games. The only stinkers imo would be Hell and Golf. Immercenary may not hold up well these days, but it was kinda ahead of its time back then. Blade Force and Need For Speed are great, as well as Battlesport. This thread made me check shit put on ebay too. What the fuck happened to eBay? There were over 2100 items listed under 3DO. When I clicked "auctions only" to get rid of the buy it now price gouging garbage, there were 96 items left. Jesus!

8. Quote Originally Posted by gohan
    This thread made me finally go to ebay and buy a 3DO. I got a FZ10 and a bunch of games for $70, which is more than I wanted to pay but it doesn't seem bad, even if most of the games suck. Is there anything good in this list besides Need for Speed?
    You should have saved that money for a Kinect.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post

I never played this in the arcade, so I don't know how it stands in comparison, but being a huge fan of Silpheed on Sega CD, this was right up my alley. Very short, but very fun.

I've played the arcade game. It has a cool screen overlay that makes everything on the screen appear 3D. It was pretty cool at the time.

I picked up Wing Commander 3 also, I've always wanted to play this version since it's a bit different from the PSX/PC editions. I don't suppose anyone knows a place that sells the 3DO flight stick for a not ridiculous price? Looks like it's $50 on ebay, not sure if that's inflated BIN pricing or if it's just expensive. For $50 I'll stick with the pad.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.