Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 356789 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG a 3DO, LOL!

1. it's expensive. That's actually down from the $80 or so it used to get. I'd say give it a whirl. It's one of those things that if you don't like, you can get back what you got into it.

2. I was one of the launch suckers, but honestly: I probably had more fun with Road Rash, Out of this World, and that choppy Samurai Shodown than I've had with just about any system, barring the DC and Saturn. Great memories.

Edit: Oh, yeah, another GREAT memory: My friends and I pissing ourselves with laughter about how HORRID S.H.A.D.O.W.: War of Succession was. Maybe a contender for worst game ever: "I have another bone. . . (4 second delay) . . . to pick."
    Last edited by Crafter; 02 Oct 2010 at 10:15 AM.

This remains the only post-1990 domestically released console I have not had (never had a PC-FX either, thank God). I played the good stuff on it at a friend's house when it was new. We made a deal for him to get the 3DO while I got the Jaguar. This is the same deal I made with a different friend for the SNES and Genesis. I won both deals handily obviously. Ah the good old days of only backing one console per generation...

4. I don't know. I had the Jaguar as well, Yosh, and I'm not sure I'd call that "winning handily."

5. Ok, I'll bite- How is the Jaguar's library better than the 3DO's? I just looked at the Jaguar's games list on the off chance I missed something and I'm just not seeing it.

James

6. You know it's bad when the Jeff Minter fanboy isn't backing you up on Jaguar.

Despite a few good games, the Jag's library was really disappointing, especially coming off the Lynx, which had a lot of great first party games.

7. I will say that the top three games for the Jag (Alien Vs. Predator, Tempest 2000, you pick the third) are better than the top three games for for the 3DO. However, the list of acceptable games for the Jag falls off completely after those three games. The 3DO has quite a few of if not amazing, at least very playable titles to choose from.

8. Jag's library reminds me more of 32X's than 3DO's in that it mostly consisted of lazy 16-bit ports with maybe slightly improved color palettes. The 3DO's library felt more consistent with early PSX and Saturn games.

9. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Ok, I'll bite- How is the Jaguar's library better than the 3DO's? I just looked at the Jaguar's games list on the off chance I missed something and I'm just not seeing it.

James
    Cannon Fodder is one of the best games ever? (on PC anyway?)

Was Pitfall: Mayan Adventure any good on the Jag? I remember liking the Sega CD rev...
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Cannon Fodder is one of the best games ever? (on PC anyway?)