Thread: Sym-bionic Titan

1. Sym-bionic Titan

From the mind of Genndy Tartakovsky comes his new animated TV show on Cartoon Network. Recently premiered on September 17, it tells the story of a young alien princess in hiding after her home planet is taken over by a roving horde of alien creatures, led by their kingdom's traitorous ex-general. They come to earth only to be hunted time and again, so of course they have a giant CG robot to help defend themselves!

I've only caught a little bit of the show so far, but what I have seen possesses the typical polish for one of Tartakovsky's efforts. The character designs will definitely remind you of Samurai Jack, and his brand of humor and action are present as well. And, of course, his awesome backgrounds.

Anyway, I hope it turns out just as good as his earlier shows, the one gripe I can conceive of is that it doesn't possess the artistry (ie hand painted backgrounds) or somber tone of Samurai Jack, instead opting for CG and a more energetic tone directed squarely at the teen set (what with the high school setting and all.) That said, a trailer! Also, here's an interview Wired Magazine did with Genndy on the show in which he divulges a few details about the Samurai Jack movie in production over at Bad Robot, J.J. Abrams' movie production house: http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/...1&viewall=true

Last edited by George; 28 Sep 2010 at 10:52 PM.

2. The designs have been floating around for a couple years, they look GREAT. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. The first two episodes have been pretty damn good so far.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. I really liked the first episode, I've got the 2nd on the DVR and I still need to get around to it.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in