In conjuction with AND 1 and Footaction, Activision gears up for mareketing activities and retail promotions.

Following in the footsteps of <b>NBA Street</b>, Activision is stepping onto the court with its own brand of urban b-ball gaming, entitled <b>Street Hoops</b>. To help promote its new title, Activision has teamed up with Footaction USA and AND 1, both which are highly recognized names among the hip-hop culture.

Cutting to the chase, under the co-marketing agreement, Activision will serve as an exclusivve software sponsore of the AND 1 Mix Tape Tour, a 25-city exhibition that celebrates all things street basketball related, which runs from June 15 through August 10, 2002. In short, event sponsorhips will be featured throughout every venue, include tour bus signage and of course, promotional give-aways. Naturally, players can expect to see the AND 1 featured prominently throughout the <i>Street Hoops</i> game. While on the retail scene, AND 1 will provide promotional goodies based upon the Street Hoops license, integrate game footage on the AND 1 Mix Tapes (Volumes 5 and 6) and promote the game on the <a href="www.and1.com web site">official AND 1 website</a>.

<i>Street Hoops</i> is scheduled for release on the Xbox and PS2 platforms this August.