Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ads inside last post on every page.

1. Ads inside last post on every page.

Bad form.

2. It's not just the last post anymore. It's always been that fucking Gamestop ad for me.

Subscribe and the ads are gone... just saying.

4. Find ways to circumvent ads. Just sayin'.

5. It was happening to me too and I'm a subscriber. Although it stopped happening today.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

With AdBlock on, the last post in a thread looks like it uses only half of the maximum width for a line and has a blank right half.

In other words, it looks like Korian posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Bad form.
    Eh. Nothing is free.

7. I don't mind the other ads on the site, but this one is just obnoxious.
    If there has to be more advertising, it would be a lot easier to accept if it were at the top or bottom of the page, or even between posts.
    Placing ads inside of user posts just rubs me the wrong way. That's our space.

8. There used to be three ads on a page for registered users. Currently there are a maximum of two. I will likely move the ad that's in the last post, but not right now. It's off to the side, whereas ads in-between posts would be far more intrusive. You have to find a balance, and ads have to be somewhat intrusive to work. If they were at the very top and bottom of the page, no one would pay even the slightest attention to them.

Here's what I can do for you. You may have your own solution, whether it's an add-on or whatever, but here are mine. If you find a better deal anywhere on any site that has similar traffic and a similar audience to ours, please let me know. As it is, I don't own the server and there have been months when I almost couldn't pay the bill. There have been a couple of late notices, which cka is carbon-copied on, so he can verify this.

1. You can allow yourself to get used to the ads. They are part of the site. If one interests you enough to click on it, do so. If not, don't. This is the natural way to handle it.

2. You can pay 6.5 cents to 7.5 cents a day and become a TNL subscriber. This will eliminate all ads on the forum. One may seep through once in a while, like it did the other day when I was changing settings, but it's 99.99% of the time. Better than a rubber.

3. Anyone that is currently a registered user can send me a request via PM for a free subscription. You can do this every single month, as often as you want, in perpetuity. Yes, I will give you a subscription for free, just for the asking.

You can weigh what is worth more to you: the distraction of an ad, the effort it takes to send a PM once a month, or seven cents a day.

9. I don't block ads on TNL, and until now I haven't really minded them. I understand where you're coming from, but these in-post ads seem like a big step up from the rest of the ads on the site.

I've noticed text ads near the top of many pages on TNL that blend in so well that they're practically invisible. The top of the page is the first thing that anyone will see when loading the page, and yet the ads are so inconspicuous that they may as well not be there at all. It's a bit jarring to go from something like that to a giant flashing gamestop ad inside a user's post.

Sure, I can subscribe, or mooch a sub from you, or block the ads so I don't have to see them, but that doesn't really address the problem I have with these ads, namely turning posts into adspace. If you're going to move it anyway, then it's a moot point, but I just want to clarify that it's not the presence of the ad that bothers me, just where it's placed.

lol @ your sense of entitlement. Also: cry me a river, ect. Pay for it, or shut the fuck up imo.