Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: The Thing Prequel

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    they all kept going back to the "big toothed maw/tentacles" motif
    It's the vagina thing. Horror movies love monster vaginas.

I was going to see this for 31 Days of Horror (fourth year!) but. Eh.

2. Not sure if you guys have seen this or not, but it is a very thorough analysis on the ending of The Thing (1982). I thought it was very cool regardless of whether or not the observations made were planned-out intentionally by Carpenter.

The Thing Analysis Part I
    The Thing Analysis Part II

3. I mostly liked it, or at least I found it no more retarded than most of these superhero movies you faggots all gush over.
    The joke in the beginning was truly lols. I'd never heard it before.
    Lars was my favorite. He was awesome, but since I liked him it made the stupid way in which he died seem even more stupid.
    The creatures were cool in concept but shitty in CG reality. Muppets from 1982 should not look more realistic than CG in 2011.

My buddy and I were discussing whether or not the ship was the aliens, or if the alien took it over from some other aliens. We just could imagine a tentacled vagina killing machine who seemed all about rage and murder having the smarts or time to come up with all that technology. The design did not look like the kind of aesthetic that someone who is all sinew, teeth, and tentacles would come up with.
    Also, we assume it has not natural procreation. It just overtakes and assimilates whatever other life forms it comes into contact with. If that's the case, how would the species keep going? Eventually it would take over the entire planet and die out. But I guess it doesn't really die. It would just go into stasis until new contact is made.

The Thing is ripping off Aliens, ultimately.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Don't get me wrong...I want to like this. I REALLY want to like this. But we'll see.
    I have noticed that almost every time you say this, you end up not liking it all that much.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

5. But I did like this one!

6. Wait, you guys know the creatures in Resident Evil were inspired by the Carpenter movie, right?
    Boo, Hiss.

7. Inspired or stolen?
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life