Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Wright versus Professor Layton

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright (3DS)

Now this is a potential killer app portable game. These might be the two best series on the DS, and now we get them combined and in 3D? I just hope the localization doesn't take forever.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 19 Oct 2010 at 10:42 AM.

2. Neo-Geo Pocket Phoenix Wright versus Professor Layton

Who will win?

http://kotaku.com/5667585/professor-...upcoming-title

Quote Originally Posted by Kotaku and Siliconera
    Phoenix Wright meet Professor Layton. Capcom's lawyer is going to appear in a game with Level-5's famous puzzle-solving sleuth.

Today in Tokyo, Level-5 revealed a Professor Layton and Ace Attorney crossover Nintendo 3DS game currently titled "Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney". Ace Attorney creator Takumi Shuu will be working on the title, and the game's theme will be puzzles that are full of contradictions. Sounds perfect for a legal puzzle mash-up.

The game is set in Labyrinth City. The background is medieval, and the city is populated with witches. The villain is named the "story teller" and whatever he writes with his pen becomes reality.

The in-game trial is called "The Trial of the Witch", since Phoenix Wright's client is accused of being a witch.

For the 3DS.

Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layton_aa_001.jpg 
Views:	467 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	58538   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layton_aa_002.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	58539   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layton_aa_003.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	58540   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layton_aa_004.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	58541  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layton_aa_005.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	58542   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layton_aa_006.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	58543   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layton_aa_007.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	58544   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layton_aa_008.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	58545  

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. Awesome, combine 2 boring franchises together!

4. This thread made my head explode. And kingoffighters is a horrible person.

5. I will play the absolute living fuck out of this.

6. I like this thread more! OHGODDAYONE

7. I played through the first game of both franchise, and couldn't wait for either one to end. One has no gameplay, the other has simplistic puzzles.

I am surprised that TNL would love these games considering that we are supposed to be more critical on this type of casual gaming wrapped in an admittedly slick presentation.

8. Phoenix Wright is an interactive graphic novel with obvious ploys into a self serving sense of intelligence. Yes, the gameplay boils down to just clicking an item and presenting it, but what's really happening is you know why you are and what it means, you reward your own comprehension and problem solving skills even though there's only one right way to do it. It's a great way to compel you into caring about what's going on, and it helps that it's funny with good characters and music to boot.

9. Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I am surprised that TNL would love these games considering that we are supposed to be more critical on this type of casual gaming wrapped in an admittedly slick presentation.
    TNL isn't critical, TNL is just hypocritical. and stupid.

Also, this is awesome, shut up kinofu.
    Donk