Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 35678 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Wright versus Professor Layton

1. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I'd still put it ahead of AA4 unless it really bottoms out towards the end.
    No bottom. It's a top. KING ending. Platinum + Gold ending. Platigold. This is better than AA2, even.

I'm not saying anything else until other people beat it. Beat the game! Let's all talk in Spoiler tags!

2. I keep thinking i'm at the very end but it keeps going and it keeps delivering. People who said this game was bad are dumb idiots. YOU HEAR THAT CHRIS KOHLER!?? DUMB. IDIOTS.
    Donk

3. Seriously! Look at this review:
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/13...utiful-hollow/

Fine that he didn't enjoy the game. His critiques are bizarre and nitpicky.

You know that dialogue shortcut where character A says something and character B just repeats back a key word or phrase from the original statement? That is SO much of the dialogue in this game. Says Luke, “I think you’re a witch!” Says Layton “… a Witch?” It’s sloppy, and neither franchise has this issue in their regular games.
    Seriously?

Fuck those motherfuckers. My only minor complaint is that the puzzles and trials are pretty easy compared to both series' main games, but there are plenty of Layton and Ace Attorney games to get my fix of difficult puzzles and trials. Let this game do its thing.

I'm on the last trial now. Gonna try to wrap it up tonight. I'm kinda sad that the group works well together, but we'll likely never see them in the same game again. Just plain ol Layton and Luke might be boring after this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I'm on the last trial now. Gonna try to wrap it up tonight.
    Gonna be a lonnnngggg night. Better ask Emeer if he has anything left to share in that bottle of his.

GOHAN AND FINCH THIS SPOILER IS FROM THE LAST TRIAL He's my favorite witness aside from the full ten-unit garrison of Vigilante's from the Final Trial GOHAN AND FINCH THIS SPOILER IS FROM THE LAST TRIAL

I'm glad to hear that (didn't click the spoiler)

7. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    GOHAN AND FINCH THIS SPOILER IS FROM THE LAST TRIAL He's my favorite witness aside from the full ten-unit garrison of Vigilante's from the Final Trial GOHAN AND FINCH THIS SPOILER IS FROM THE LAST TRIAL
    Holy crap yes. The animation in ALLLLLllll of the character is so good. It's a treat, and no one seems to be rolling in it is much as i am. It's seriously fantastic.

I love how this went (end game spoiler)full-Layton at the end. I've played every Layton game and should expect that all the supernatural crap isn't real and the actual explanation is less believable than it actually being a town that exists in a book. BUT I DIDN'T EXPECT IT. Also loves how it pulls Layton 1-3 together Being a FAKE TOWN that only exists by mass hallucination and power of suggestion. Layton 1- fake town with robots, Layton 2- fake town where everyone is hallucinating Layton 3: fake town that's underneath London somehow. This is secretly the real Layton 4 Also loved how Layton was THE MAN in this game!

There were some pretty gigantic plot holes, but i really had a fun time. I am looking forward to Phoenix Wright (in the past) goes to London for an Unlikely Crossover 2 even more after this.
    Donk

8. yes, but it's Sherlock this time

Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    full-Layton at the end. I've played every Layton game and should expect that all the supernatural crap isn't real and the actual explanation is less believable than it actually being a town that exists in a book. BUT I DIDN'T EXPECT IT.
    See, that's the gotcha here. In the Ace Attorney universe, supernatural powers are there, it's not a huge stretch for them to make the leap to magic. So the player familiar with both series wouldn't know if the world is playing but Ace Attorney or Layton rules.

So yeah, beat it a few days ago. Oh look! Bonus content! I like how the characters aren't even pretending that this isn't a video game here.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.