Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: New York in January

1. New York in January

I'm going to Manhattan in late January. Anyone have any recommendations on some reasonable priced restaurants In midtown? Were gonna be at the Roosevelt for 5 days.

Also anyone have any tips for things to do in January? I hear it's the coldest month in NY, so I'm preparing for my balls to go up in myself.

This will be my first time in the city.

Take in some shows. Though they will not be as cheap as other places, and you may have to dress up.

3. Don't eat anywhere near or around time square. You will pay through the nose.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Go do all the tourist thing.

5. I don't like midtown.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

6. We're not going to be purely in Midtown. Any recommendations for budget minded things to do in greater Manhattan will be much appreciated. Midtown just happens to be where we are staying. The touristy stuff is easy enough to do, and we'll find that stuff fine on our own. I was hoping to get some more local recommendations.

How many layers will I need btw? I live in California, so I imagine the biting cold will be a shock.

7. What do you like? I mean there's alot of things to do and see in NYC, but if you don't give people something to work with then who knows what the fuck to direct you to.

I can tell you the best 5 Guys (its a burger joint) I've ever been to is in SoHo. Same with the best burrito I've ever had. It's from the Calexico burrito cart. The cart has 2 spots so youll need to check the website to see where its at that day. Fucking amazing, 6 - 8 bucks depending on the burrito you get. There's also the Shake Shack which has fucking awesome burgers and shakes, shit forget where that is.

If you can make it to Brooklyn and have time to wait in line you can have the best pizza in the world at Grimaldi's.

The Metropolitan Museum of Art is always an awesome and cheap place to go. Entrance fee is by donation and you decide how much you want to pay. The suggest 20 bucks but the Met is like the richest museum in the world, so don't feel you have to do that.

There's also Barcade in brooklyn which is pretty awesome. A huge bar full of old arcade machines and pool tables and shit.

If you want to catch some cheaper shows there's a spot around time square where you can wait in line and grab some unsold tickets. They're usually not the best seating, and its what ever is available is available but some times it works out.

Nintendo World store is on like 47th and 5th some where around there.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Take in some shows. Though they will not be as cheap as other places, and you may have to dress up.
    There are a lot of cheap and grungy shows to go to in New York, too. It's not just Broadway.

9. May I make a suggestion?

We should have a Mini-TNL gathering during this time.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    This is the only correct answer.