Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Ordinary Family

1. Film No Ordinary Family

Has anyone been watching this? Its a better version of The Fantastic Four than the actual movie. For one it has one of the writers of Chuck Allison Adler. It also has the two writers from Smallville; Darren Swimmer and Todd Slavkin.

The family is starting to fall apart and Jim Powell; played by Michael Chiklis takes the family on a vacation. The plane crashes and when they get back to the US. The family starts to develop super powers.

Jim Powell - Superhuman strength, frontal invulnerability, and leaping super distances in a single bound.

Stephanie Powell, Julie Benz; super speed.

Daphne Powell, Kay Panabaker - mind reading

JJ Powell, Jimmy Bennett - super intellegence, the ability to see anything and find a solution.

He's a star QB; fifth episode, he can see the results of the pass before being thrown.

visual example:

Now that they are starting to use their powers more, the villains are showing up and are more powerful. Tonight; 10/26, the enemy is a female who has powers like X-Force Rictor.

--------------

I love this show. Its really damn good.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Jim Powell - Superhuman strength, frontal invulnerability, and leaping super distances in a single bound.
    So he's fine if I shoot him in the face, but a bullet to the back of the head still kills him?
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

3. From the second episode ... He can get shot in the face and survive(bullet bounces off), but when he was shot in the back he was hurt(bullet penetrated skin). He healed though.

Its weird, he's like the Hulk in every way, but that one issue is his crutch.

4. That's retarded. I've been recording these on my DVR and I'm about to delete them all.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

5. Julie Benz is in it.

She's hot.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Indeed.

7. I can't buy Michael Chiklis as a superhero. He is 5'2"

8. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    From the second episode ... He can get shot in the face and survive(bullet bounces off), but when he was shot in the back he was hurt(bullet penetrated skin). He healed though.

Its weird, he's like the Hulk in every way, but that one issue is his crutch.
    It's not front vs back that's the issue... the second shot was fired right against the back of his head, the first one was from like 30 feet away.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. but he did heal.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    That's retarded. I've been recording these on my DVR and I'm about to delete them all.
    The idea of an Achilles' heel turns you off so much you're going to write off the show? OK...

This show is pretty good. The family drama stuff is a little heavy handed, and I'm tired of the parents asking one another if, hypothetically, they are good parents. All the stuff with powers is fun, and the bits of comedy are enjoyable as well. The family drama seems to be getting resolved (there's less secrets, less lies and less angst in each subsequent episode) and I hope the show continues on that path.