Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surround Sound Speaker Recommendations

1. I bought a bunch of cheapass Yamahas for my front speakers (the back ones are installed into the wall). It's fine. I think 95% of people buy way more speaker than they need.

2. The problem is we're in the other 5%

3. Not to get all professor buttcheeks or anything, but it's doubtful. That's just anecdotal though.

4. OK maybe not every one. But I know that when I want loud I want loud without distortion.

Anyway, I need a better receiver. Mine is too old and has no digital out, meaning I'm not getting the most out of my 360 when it's hooked up to it.

5. I've always had a passion for home audio. As a youngster, I bought a used receiver and components instead of getting a ghetto box like everyone else was using in the 80's. Now that I have a nice TV, BR, and Gaming consoles there is no way I'm going to take a step back with my audio.

I've been contemplating going the in wall route for my surrounds considering that there is no other way to set up my electronics in my living room.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    But I know that when I want loud I want loud without distortion.
    Word is born, nigga.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

7. what?

8. word is born, nigga = QFT
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Sinista View Post
    After listening to a couple different complete sets of speakers at my local stereo shop, I just can't go that route. I'm going to end up just getting a pair of floor standing tower speakers to compliment what I already have.
    I think that's a good idea. There is no cheating physics. You can't get as good/loud a sound out of tiny speakers as you can out of a floor stander. Don't buy anything at Best Buy though, it's all crappy and over priced. I don't really follow speakers that much now, just go to the audio section of AVS and look for one of the threads like "Best 5.1 for $XXX". There are usually a billion of them. Figure out their recommendations and choose from those.

10. I have a pair of Quad L22, they are lovely. I just love English speakers.