Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

So much for anything new. It looks like this is Mass Effect 3 ruined by, er, including multiplayer.

2. I'll take Melf's stance on this one.

So. fucking. dumb.

This isn't gears, or Uncharted where people are going to be able to jump in for a mission or something. This is a long ass game, that will have too many variables.

3. I can't believe you don't like this chux.

The idea of someone being able to just jump into your game to control one member of your squad in combat and chat it up with you doesn't sound nice?

4. Baldur's Gate 2 (and maybe 1) had a six-player multiplayer mode. Just sayin.

I don't like the idea much, myself, but that's EA's new thing. They recently made a statement to the press where they said all of their games going forward will have a significant multiplayer component.

This industry is such a fucking disaster. Everything good about it is being eradicated one-by-one. Fucking Activision, UbiSoft, EA, etc.

6. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    They recently made a statement to the press where they said all of their games going forward will have a significant multiplayer component.
    Ok, now that could be a problem.

I think this game could work though, it would be neat to help a friend with random parts of the game after I'm done, or just to see the spin story he's weaving in his own universe.
    Last edited by Opaque; 10 Dec 2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: neat, not need

7. I took that announcement to mean social networking mostly

8. I would love to hop into some random paragon's game and make a squad member renegade interrupt during a conversation.

Shepard: "Don't worry, we'll help save the rest of the coloni-"
    Garrus headshots the man asking for help.
    Garrus: "We have bigger problems to deal with."
    Shepard: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

9. Online doesn't have to mean co-op and multiplayer only. I think Mass Effect's (excellent) DLC fits just fine in EA's move towards online connectivity

here's the quote for anyone concerned:
    Chatting with trade site Develop, Gibeau says "I volunteer you to speak to EA's studio heads; they'll tell you the same thing. They're very comfortable moving the discussion towards how we make connected gameplay – be it co-operative or multiplayer or online services – as opposed to fire-and-forget, packaged goods only, single-player, 25-hours-and you're out. I think that model is finished."

10. Wow, epmode did not relay that properly at all.

Big difference between every game needing to have multiplayer and every game being connected online for support. Big difference.